PDA

View Full Version : Something unique about a card you noticed.

T205 GB
08-28-2013, 06:29 AM
Quite a few members here have seen or can remember seeing a very unique thing about specific cards. Lets see what we have.

All HLC T205 Lathams Period before A var. have the A. Latham backs printed under the face of the card and can bee seen through the red. In some cases you can read it very well except in the Face area. Is this proof the backs could have been printed first??

Doc White PB backs can be found with No Quotes around Doc and some have a Partial set of Quotes on the right side of Doc. This could have been due to a miss strike or bad typeset in the block.

There are less than 25 total front miscut, blank backs, missing inks, and multi strikes in the T205 pool available(based on what I have seen. yes I got the recent 2 new SC ones also)

Leon
08-28-2013, 07:28 AM
Hey Andrew
Could be a fun thread depending if folks want to play along. You say you know of 25 or so miscuts, errors, blank backs etc...in the T205 pool. I have to think there are many multiples of that. How are you counting those?

ullmandds
08-28-2013, 07:41 AM
Unique thing about this Byrne, red cross type I is that it appears PSA actually got the grade right?!

T205 GB
08-28-2013, 08:40 AM
Leon I am counting cards like the Huggins and Maddox. Not cards like the Lennox that show no secondary card. Yes its miscut top/bottom but it doesn't show the other card. Sorry I didn't specify.

Miscut cards with out another card showing and backs are far greater in supply and readly available.

Leon
08-28-2013, 09:08 AM
Leon I am counting cards like the Huggins and Maddox. Not cards like the Lennox that show no secondary card. Yes its miscut top/bottom but it doesn't show the other card. Sorry I didn't specify.

Miscut cards with out another card showing and backs are far greater in supply and readly available.

Lennox has a blue misaligned printing at his top cap area. So what about the Walsh with pink socks? I haven't seen another like it (though one could exist). I will go through some cards today to see what I can add otherwise.

T205 GB
08-28-2013, 09:57 AM
Lennox has a blue misaligned printing at his top cap area. So what about the Walsh with pink socks? I haven't seen another like it (though one could exist). I will go through some cards today to see what I can add otherwise.

Registry is off on Lennox I think. Walsh is a neat error if thats what it is. Maybe next yr you coulds bring him to nationals and let me see it. I guess opinions are always different depending on who owns the card:) That would be awesome to see if there are more. Still HTF either way

SMPEP
08-28-2013, 02:33 PM
Wow Peter! That is unique!

Zach Wheat
08-28-2013, 02:47 PM
This is a W 516 2-2 of Cobb. For those less informed, the previous owner even started to add Ty's name on its face for clarity.

However, did he really throw left-handed??

Z Wheat

PS The pic is a mirror image of the "correct" card and probably also my nomination for one of the ugliest cards ever.