PDA

View Full Version : Stadium seat or back display

Nashvol
08-27-2013, 07:23 PM
I have old parts to a stadium seat and back and am wondering how to best display them: Together, separate, framed, with a plaque description, etc.

Anyone have an image to share, or description?

Mine cannot be restored to a complete seat, so I am looking for another way to display...

...thanks!

steve B
08-28-2013, 12:32 PM
I have old parts to a stadium seat and back and am wondering how to best display them: Together, separate, framed, with a plaque description, etc.

Anyone have an image to share, or description?

Mine cannot be restored to a complete seat, so I am looking for another way to display...

...thanks!

If it's not missing the metal parts to the seat it can probably be restored. The wood bits are easy, especially if you want to be really open about the level of restoration and have them not particularly matching the originals.

Even if the metal pieces of the lower part of the seat are missing it's possible to make a non-folding section that would hold the whole thing together.

Framing the metal sides would be a challenge, mostly because of the weight. But almost anything is possible. Framing just the wood parts of a back wouldn't be all that tough, a bit heavy, but not that hard.

Any pics of what's left?

Steve B