PDA

View Full Version : Please help with info on this Babe Ruth UNCUT sheet

nmbr1drftpik23
08-27-2013, 04:34 PM
Looking for any information on this uncut sheet featuring Babe Ruth in the bottom right. The condition is pretty terrible but nonetheless I am going to sell and not sure what to list as.

ullmandds
08-27-2013, 04:43 PM
Universal toy insert cards from game i believe. How r u selling it? Im interested!

Leon
08-27-2013, 04:44 PM
Universal toy insert cards from game i believe. How r u selling it? Im interested!

me too!!

nmbr1drftpik23
08-27-2013, 04:45 PM
Going to list on eBay once I figure out what it is? What would you offer?

glchen
08-27-2013, 04:49 PM
I own this sheet also that I purchased from Heritage here: Link (http://sports.ha.com/c/item.zx?saleNo=7051&lotNo=80155). I got it slabbed by SGC also. There is also discussion of this panel here: Link (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=144708)

nmbr1drftpik23
08-27-2013, 04:56 PM
Thank you guys very much for the quick information. Yours blows mine out of the water, what a wonderful piece, very nice.

bigfanNY
08-27-2013, 04:56 PM
... If you can wait a couple weeks for the cash you really should list on ebay you will get top dollar because everybody will fight over it. But if you are looking for a private cash sale I am willing to bid on item
Thanks
Jonathan

FirstYearCards
08-27-2013, 05:03 PM
List on B/S/T or Live auction on this site. You can judge the price now that you have some background info. Guaranteed you'd see some nice action here. Thanks, Bill.

ullmandds
08-27-2013, 05:15 PM
Ebay... or even better net54 auction...its free and youll do fine!

Rob D.
08-27-2013, 06:40 PM
My opinion: For a number of reasons, eBay or an auction house are much better choices for the seller of this particular card than the Net54 B/S/T.

nmbr1drftpik23
08-29-2013, 09:18 AM
I decided to go the eBay route, thank you guys for the quick information and opinions. Here's a link to the Ruth card.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/281158797396?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Exhibitman
08-29-2013, 02:33 PM
Nice one, Gary! $956 is impressive and I'd suggest a bit on the low side even, given that it is Ruth and it is rare.

Lots of good info has already been provided. I'd just add this image of Ruth-Johnson-Sisler-Coveleskie. The card came out of a new-to-the-Hobby Universal Surprise box that also included a four-panel nonsport card, so in conjunction with the prior box discoveries, I think the origin question for the issue is resolved for sure:

http://photos.imageevent.com/exhibitman/notanexhibitcard/websize/Universal%20Toy%204%20on%201%20baseball.jpg

Now, if the artwork from the 4 panel cards were used to make the 6 panel head shots--which certainly looks to be the case for Ruth--then we might have some nice cards awaiting discovery down the line.

glchen
08-29-2013, 02:52 PM
I don't think the artwork was taken from the 4 panel sheet as here's an example of the Wojo (not mine). A link to some of the others from the set is here: Link (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=157495). The Ruth was also part of a different uncut panel that sold in Leland's last year (not mine, either): Link (http://www.lelands.com/Auction/AuctionDetail/70094/Fall-2012-Catalog-Auction/Sports/Sports-and-Non-Sports-Cards/Lot306~W-UNC-Uncatologged-Strip-Card-Panel-Featuring-Babe-Ruth-In-A-Red-Sox-Uniform)

Leon
08-29-2013, 06:01 PM
I decided to go the eBay route, thank you guys for the quick information and opinions. Here's a link to the Ruth card.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/281158797396?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

What's up with your feedback, btw?

nmbr1drftpik23
08-30-2013, 02:53 PM
What is the question regarding my feedback? I have been selling for about the past 2 years on my uncles eBay account his personal collection. I will not lie, that I have definitely unknowingly mis-represented some things due to my lack of knowledge but I feel in the past two years I have gained a ton of experience with selling cards. eBay is an impossible place to keep 100% of the people happy but I have tryed to do my best. Any issues I have encountered on eBay I've done my best to resolve the issue in the best manner possible. This card being offered is pretty much self explanatory and the condition not very good but nonetheless a great card.

7nohitter
08-30-2013, 03:10 PM
too many negs over the past few months...I would not buy from you.

Leon
08-30-2013, 03:30 PM
What is the question regarding my feedback? I have been selling for about the past 2 years on my uncles eBay account his personal collection. I will not lie, that I have definitely unknowingly mis-represented some things due to my lack of knowledge but I feel in the past two years I have gained a ton of experience with selling cards. eBay is an impossible place to keep 100% of the people happy but I have tryed to do my best. Any issues I have encountered on eBay I've done my best to resolve the issue in the best manner possible. This card being offered is pretty much self explanatory and the condition not very good but nonetheless a great card.

What is the question regarding your feedback? Nothing I guess, I was just looking at these and curious...It's your negative and neutral comments in the last year. Twelve of them are in the last 60 days. Three of the negatives are in the last 2 weeks. I am not saying this newly listed item will be an issue but very recently you have had some.

Sent unsecure package so Gifford got bent and no return message. Go figure :-(

Jersey had bootleg "Set 1" tag and inauthentic numbering/lettering. AVOID!!!

might want to have mentioned the MASSIVE CREASE THROUGH CLEMENTE

all packs are opened and tape back together... no response from seller high ship

BEWARE: Will claim mistake & not complete sale if he thinks winning bid too low

Item in horrible condition not as described, seller is a liar, beware stay away!

Failed to describe item properly and must not be able to communicate in English

pages missing from magazine

Combined shipping saved me 50 cents. Items shipped separately

Set was opened from the bottom. Did offer a refund if I paid to return the item

Seller acknowledged jersey is issued not game worn as listed, hard to work with

Jersey has No Tags as Pictured is Dirty and has Polyester Pulls! High Shipping!

I took the jersey to several sports stores and cant verify its authenticity!!!

I will not shop with this seller anymore,very deceptive listings, BUYER BEWARE!

item described as GREAT condition had rips, tears and pieces missing

Card advertised as PSA 8 was PSA 8 (oc) expensive shipping

Card advertised as PSA 8, was actually PSA 8 oc..

poor grading.missing cards,slow del, TG for ebay claim.

JeremyW
08-30-2013, 05:14 PM
Even though the feedback leaves much to be desired, this item will sell well. I won't be bidding, but many will. If the item is good enough, people ignore the warnings.

Tabe
08-30-2013, 05:19 PM
What is the question regarding my feedback?
Presumably it's the six negatives you've received in the last month. That's more negs than I've received in 15 years as an Ebay user.

nmbr1drftpik23
09-03-2013, 01:07 PM
I have a story behind every single one of those negative feedbacks. Check the game used universe forum for the George Brett jersey, that idiot bought the authentic Rawlings jersey at $200 thinking he was getting a steal on a Brett game worn jersey and admitted that and still gets awarded his refund and leaves negative feedback, the bent card I put in between a top loader and two stiff cardboards and wrote "fragile" "do not bend", the mailman folded it in half and put in mailbox, once again I cannot control, I issued refund, and i'm out my card. I agreed that I made some mistakes on selling some low dollar items that people are nagging and so hard to work with on eBay but I make every situation right in the end. Thank you guys for your advice and sorry I cant keep everyone on eBay happy with well over 5,000 transactions this past year.

D. Bergin
09-03-2013, 02:24 PM
the bent card I put in between a top loader and two stiff cardboards and wrote "fragile" "do not bend", the mailman folded it in half and put in mailbox, once again I cannot control, I issued refund, and i'm out my card.

A bit of advice for future shipments. If a fragile cardboard item sells for over $200, and you under-estimated the shipping cost in the listing. Eat the extra cost and ship in a Priority Box.

Better to lose a few bucks on shipping, then a couple hundred bucks on a damaged item.

vintagecpa
09-03-2013, 02:37 PM
"I am honored that you would copy and paste my descriptions."

Even though it isn't a negative feedback, it is by far my favorite. I can only speculate the back story to this feedback. The humor that finds its way on this site is pretty incredible.

Batter67up
09-04-2013, 06:08 PM
The card just ended for only $405.00. I think the eBay feedback hurt this card selling for a much higher price

RCMcKenzie
09-04-2013, 06:45 PM
The seller listed it in the "Vintage Sports Memorabilia" category instead of "Baseball cards".

Exhibitman
09-05-2013, 07:15 AM
The card just ended for only $405.00. I think the eBay feedback hurt this card selling for a much higher price

Perhaps; though my guess is that a raw beater on eBay going for about half of what a much nicer slabbed version sold for in Heritage is about right.

ullmandds
09-05-2013, 07:16 AM
I agree w/Adam on this one...I was/am the winner...and I think the price was about right.

7nohitter
09-05-2013, 09:39 AM
Pete-will be interesting to see if you actually get the card and if you do, what shape it is in.

ullmandds
09-05-2013, 09:39 AM
I don't see why I wouldn't get this card...and I expect it to beat to shit as advertised!!!1:D

Tao_Moko
09-05-2013, 10:11 AM
I have a story behind every single one of those negative feedbacks. Check the game used universe forum for the George Brett jersey, that idiot bought the authentic Rawlings jersey at $200 thinking he was getting a steal on a Brett game worn jersey and admitted that and still gets awarded his refund and leaves negative feedback, the bent card I put in between a top loader and two stiff cardboards and wrote "fragile" "do not bend", the mailman folded it in half and put in mailbox, once again I cannot control, I issued refund, and i'm out my card. I agreed that I made some mistakes on selling some low dollar items that people are nagging and so hard to work with on eBay but I make every situation right in the end. Thank you guys for your advice and sorry I cant keep everyone on eBay happy with well over 5,000 transactions this past year.

Selling is about living and learning. I've been in sales for two years and I have learned much more from my mistakes then my jobs that have gone perfectly. Thankfully, if you make it right and remain humble then most will continue working with you. Sounds to me like you're still learning so good luck and remember it's not just *bay that has hard to please clients.

ullmandds
09-09-2013, 02:27 PM
Card received today...thanks to the seller/board member.