PDA

View Full Version : Khris Davis: a hidden gem in Milwaukee, but not for long.

the 'stache
08-24-2013, 02:43 AM
Being a fanatical prospect watcher and Bowman Chrome prospect auto collector, I'm going to let you all in on a little secret. There's a guy playing left field for the Milwaukee Brewers by the name of Khris Davis (it's a good year for MLB players with this name!). Nobody outside of Milwaukee knows who he is. That is going to change.

Coming into the season, he was the 16th ranked prospect in Milwaukee by MLB.com's Jonathan Mayo. For some reason, since he's been called up to the Majors, he's dropped him to #20.

Khris Davis has had 74 at bats in the Majors. He's hitting .338. He's scored 20 runs, has 5 doubles and 8 home runs (including two bombs tonight!), 17 RBI. His slash line is .412/.730/.1.141. This young man has legitimate power. He hit his first home run 6 rows deep to the opposite field tonight, and his second home run was to straight away center field at the Great American Ballpark in Cincy.

His cards haven't started going up in value much, but he's going to be the left fielder of our future. I have a feeling that Davis will be in left, Carlos Gomez in center, and Ryan Braun will play right. That might be the best outfield in baseball.

His base 2011 Bowman Chrome autograph card can be had for under $10. Pick one up.

http://imageshack.us/a/img521/6582/11chromekdavisref.png

You can pick up one of his /500 refractor cards for $15. A good investment for sure.

novakjr
08-25-2013, 08:31 AM
Picked the kid up in fantasy a coupla nights ago, when Joey Bats went on the DL...2 HR night the next day.. Hoping he can keep it going...

David W
08-26-2013, 08:49 AM
Are these the same cards? The signature is not even close to the one you put up.

t206blogcom
08-26-2013, 02:27 PM
Are these the same cards? The signature is not even close to the one you put up.

Nope. The two in your picture have printed signatures.

the 'stache
08-27-2013, 03:32 AM
Jason's right, David. Those two are blue refractors with facsimile autographs, limited to a run of /150. The card I posted has Topps Certified Autograph issue, meaning it's hand signed by the player, and the signing is witnessed by a Topps representative. They're on card, and in very high demand.

The ones you have, if Davis becomes a star, can still be quite valuable. But as a rule, the certified autos will go up in value first.

Nice cards though, by the way.

David W
08-27-2013, 09:36 AM
Jason's right, David. Those two are blue refractors with facsimile autographs, limited to a run of /150. The card I posted has Topps Certified Autograph issue, meaning it's hand signed by the player, and the signing is witnessed by a Topps representative. They're on card, and in very high demand.

The ones you have, if Davis becomes a star, can still be quite valuable. But as a rule, the certified autos will go up in value first.

Nice cards though, by the way.

OK. Not my cards (yet...), I stole the scan from Ebay.