PDA

View Full Version : AllSportsAuctions.com BIDDING HAS STARTED

Andy Sandler
08-22-2013, 09:08 AM
HI EVERYONE!

Andy Sandler's AllSportsAuctions.com

http://allsportsauctions.com/catalog.aspx

is proud to announce BIDDING HAS STARTED for Auction #3 and will end Thursday August 29th.

Please take a look at all 360+ lots of VINTAGE sports memorabilia which includes PSA cards, Raw cards, 1880's Cabinet baseball cards, autographs, game used/game worn jerseys (Pro and college baseball, football and basketball), store model sports equipment, early sports hobby publications, Hartlands, felt pennants, B18 blankets, important tickets, programs, and pocket schedules, sports advertising, empty vintage Fleer and Topps display boxes, wire photos, media guides, tons of stuff from 1880 to 1920, college yearbooks with famous athletes in them, team yearbooks, media guides, etc. from ALL SPORTS!!!!

There is something for every BUDGET and COLLECTOR.

To participate, please REGISTER NOW (there is no cost) at

AllSportsAuctions.com or call (845) 331-8610

Thanks, Andy Sandler

Howe’s Hunter
08-22-2013, 09:15 AM
and deleted almost immediately? Just curious.

Leon
08-22-2013, 09:28 AM
and deleted almost immediately? Just curious.

Generally speaking only Advertisers are allowed to post an auction thread on the board front page. Andy and I spoke this morning and he will be advertising with us. As I told him, if all companies could just post their auctions at will then there would be no need to advertise. Andy is a great guy and I wish him all the best with this auction.

oldjudge
08-22-2013, 11:03 AM
Andy will need to avoid ridiculous hype and stick to facts if he wants his auction to be successful. The first 19th century piece I saw was a cabinet of Dick Johnston. To say "He should be in the Hall of Fame." is a joke. Stick to the facts Andy!

Leon
08-22-2013, 11:19 AM
Andy will need to avoid ridiculous hype and stick to facts if he wants his auction to be successful. The first 19th century piece I saw was a cabinet of Dick Johnston. To say "He should be in the Hall of Fame." is a joke. Stick to the facts Andy!

Thanks for pointing that one out, Jay. Absolutely gorgeous photo on the cabinet!! If I collected such things I would be a bidder. As for hype, I have seen much worse.

ValKehl
08-22-2013, 08:40 PM
I just took a quick look at the auction, and I must say that I am shocked that anyone would start an auction business without investing in a scanner - taking photos of BB cards at tilted angles just doesn't cut it for me!! Plus, no photos of the backs of the cards I looked at!! This is the sort of thing I expect to find, and frequently do find, on eBay! Sorry Andy, just tellin' it as I see it!
Val Kehl

Andy Sandler
08-22-2013, 10:23 PM
Hi Val!
I agree; you are right. For the cards, I need a scanner. For the next auction (#4) I will scan the cards. I did not have that many cards in the first two auctions and it has been difficult for me to avoid the glare and take good pictures with my digital camera.
I have a nice group of cards, this time, in Auction #3. Please take a look at those in the current auction as when I graded them, I tried to be as conservative as possible. Next time the pictures of cards will be sharper.
Thanks for the advice.
Andy Sandler (845) 331-8610

RCMcKenzie
08-22-2013, 10:28 PM
Here is a short bio of Johnston, noted for 2 strong seasons with Boston. His career was not long enough for him to be eligible for the HOF. Maybe Andy was thinking of a different player.

www.baseball-reference.com/bullpen/Dick_Johnston

Andy Sandler
08-22-2013, 10:39 PM
I knew he was a good player that led the league in a few categories, and was an exceptional fielder, but from memory I thought his career stats were better. My perception was probably colored by the fact that he grew up ten minutes from me in Kingston, NY and is one of our all time great baseball player natives.
In Pro basketball, Kingston was once the champions of the world. In boxing, too, we have had many champions. For a small town in a rural area, Kingston has a great sports history!
Thanks for keeping me on my toes.
Andy Sandler (845) 331-8610

BigJJ
08-23-2013, 05:13 AM
Andy, enjoyed our speaking at the National. Look forward to following your auctions, I signed up this week. Best J

RCMcKenzie
08-23-2013, 11:16 AM
Andy, thanks for the reply and good luck with the auction. Johnston should definitely be in the Kingston Sports Hall of fame.

Andy Sandler
08-28-2013, 07:55 AM
Hi Everyone!

There are still many BARGAINS left at

www.AllSportsAuctions.com (http://allsportsauctions.com/catalog.aspx)

Please note that you must bid before 9PM EST on Thursday in order to bid after 9PM EST Thursday night so get your bids in now so you do not get shut out.

There is something for every BUDGET and every SPORTS COLLECTOR with 360+ VINTAGE lots!

I know you will see something that you will like!

Regards, Andy Sandler (845) 331-8610 andy@allsportsauctions.com

Leon
08-29-2013, 08:59 AM
Hey Andy
Good luck with the auction ending this evening!!

TUM301
08-29-2013, 11:41 AM
just signed up and made a few bids, good luck with your undertaking.

Andy Sandler
08-29-2013, 11:54 AM
Hi Leon and Hugh! I really appreciate your kind words and participation.
Regards, Andy (845) 331-8610 andy@allsportsauctions.com

TUM301
08-30-2013, 11:13 AM
Hello Andy, looks like I won 3 items but having a little trouble following my invoice. Thanx for the help. Murph