PDA

View Full Version : Does this e120 look legit?

Luke
08-20-2013, 04:17 PM
Just got this one in hand, and it looks a little bit more blue than my other national leaguers (although this one is in better condition). Any chance this is a reprint? Thanks.

Cat
08-20-2013, 04:35 PM
Does this e120 look legit?

No

Mark
08-20-2013, 05:23 PM
The aquamarine color can be found on perfectly legitimate cards. I have about half a dozen of them. Does it seem like the right card stock?

kmac32
08-20-2013, 05:41 PM
Show the back

rainier2004
08-20-2013, 06:01 PM
The aquamarine color can be found on perfectly legitimate cards. I have about half a dozen of them. Does it seem like the right card stock?

I have a few of these too. The card stock would be more of an indicator.

brianp-beme
08-20-2013, 06:33 PM
I have quite a few (not as nice as yours) that are that exact greenish tint, which I prefer over the normal dull and distracting green tint. Without the back scan, I would vote legit.

Brian

Luke
08-20-2013, 06:59 PM
The Ainsmith is legit for sure.

Luke
08-21-2013, 09:18 PM
I'm trying to decide if I need to return the card or not. The card stock seems right. The aquamarine color worried me, but I see that it may not indicate a reprint. The card just looks too well preserved to be that old. Any other input would be greatly appreciated.

conor912
08-21-2013, 09:27 PM
I'm trying to decide if I need to return the card or not. The card stock seems right. The aquamarine color worried me, but I see that it may not indicate a reprint. The card just looks too well preserved to be that old. Any other input would be greatly appreciated.

Owning a card and not fully enjoying it because you're worried about it's authenticity is the worst feeling in the world. If its gonna bug you, just return it.

RCMcKenzie
08-21-2013, 09:29 PM
I think people are not giving opinions because it's hard to tell from the scans. You have it in hand and can compare to the good ones you have. It looks like it was in a scrapbook from the paper-loss on the back, which could account for the solid condition of the front. I'd vote it's good, but it's hard to tell from the scans...

brianp-beme
08-21-2013, 10:33 PM
Don't worry...you have an authentic card. I have soaked two groups of E120's from original scrapbooks (one group was heavily trimmed, as seen in the scan, while the other group was nicer), and the minty green ones have been right alongside the regular versions. I mostly collect lower grade cards, but some of my best looking fronts with sharp edges have come from scrapbooks...they protected the corners all those years. My Bohne and Barnhardt came from a scrapbook. I suggest you enjoy your card's fresh minty green goodness.

Brian

Luke
08-21-2013, 11:46 PM
Thank you Brian, and everyone else who posted!