PDA

View Full Version : Why does this look so wrong to me?

brooklynbaseball
08-18-2013, 02:34 PM
The seller, I believe is beyond reproach, and is a large seller of psa authenticated items. Maybe it's me, but this just doesn't look right.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DIZZY-DEAN-SIGNED-JSA-CERTED-GOLD-HOF-PLAQUE-AUTOGRAPH-/400468057365?pt=US_Autographs&hash=item5d3dc19d15#ht_963wt_1018

dgo71
08-18-2013, 02:42 PM
I've bought from Kirk before, but I have had doubts about some items. However, I asked about him on this forum and received nothing but positive feedback on him. FWIW....

Maddog
08-18-2013, 03:15 PM
According to Keurajian the majority of Dean HOF plaques actually contain a secretarial signature.
This one looks pretty sloppy.

mr2686
08-18-2013, 03:46 PM
Kirk is good to deal with. Here he's selling an "authenticated" plaque so I wouldn't judge him, I'd judge the autograph itself.

brooklynbaseball
08-18-2013, 06:22 PM
I believe I stated "I believe the seller is beyond reproach".

chaddurbin
08-18-2013, 06:33 PM
just my opinion but i don't like buying stuff i'm 50/50 on from high volume sellers, you know psa/dna will give them the benefit of the doubt. from the stuff i look at khw buy alot of raw stuff from various auctions and they all get certed.

dgo71
08-18-2013, 07:24 PM
Yes, that was my concern, not trying to talk bad about Kirk, but it concerns me as I've purchased several plaques from him and would hope he isn't submitting anything willy-nilly knowing he's going to get a cert. I don't think you can simply blame the authenticator, the seller has accountability in not getting involved with questionable autos.

tjlives
08-18-2013, 07:41 PM
It's not mentioned in the auction description, but if you look at the picture of the COA it states the autograph is traced.

shelly
08-18-2013, 07:56 PM
When in doubt. Punt:eek: Only talking about the signiture not the seller.

dgo71
08-18-2013, 09:08 PM
So not about khw, but a general question.

If a seller has a good rep and stuff he submits is more likely to get certified, and he submits signatures he is on the fence about, he has no responsibility in potentially putting fakes into the market?

mighty bombjack
08-18-2013, 09:46 PM
It's not mentioned in the auction description, but if you look at the picture of the COA it states the autograph is traced.

Very interesting. I have purchased from him before and had great experiences, but I feel this shoud be a larger part of the description than that barely readable line on the cert in the photo.

chaddurbin
08-18-2013, 10:26 PM
not talking about khw specifically, but alot of these dealers probably make buying decisions on whether psa or jsa will cert the piece for resale...not about the authenticity of the signature. it's always buy at your own risk with this hobby, regardless of the cert.

khw
08-19-2013, 02:33 PM
OK i usually dont post on here or anywhere but it was brought to my attention, i didnt notice that on the letter. it wasnt a item i had certed , i send cards and postcards to psa/dna to slab , wouldnt have paid for a full letter on a dean pc anyway. the signature is real just went back over i am sure this was dean hitting it again which is common with pens on these slick pc`s , in hand it looks like quite a few that were signed , but relisted and tried to note . list alot of stuff , some i dont scan so if something slips through the cracks just email me and we can give it a look

7nohitter
08-19-2013, 05:21 PM
Kirk,

Thanks for the explanation! I've bought from you before, and will again, because I know you are legit!

Andrew Mi.&&ller