PDA

View Full Version : card insurance company in canada

g_vezina_c55
08-15-2013, 11:06 AM
Anyone know a company where i can take insurance for my collection ?
A company in canada ?
Thanks

Bosox Blair
08-15-2013, 11:22 AM
Get an agent that sells Chubb...expensive, but great coverage for all sorts of collections.

Cheers,
Blair

g_vezina_c55
08-15-2013, 11:34 AM
this company?

http://www.chubb.com/international/canada/fr/chubb7901.html

Bosox Blair
08-15-2013, 11:46 AM
this company?

http://www.chubb.com/international/canada/fr/chubb7901.html

Hi Nelson,

Yes - you will want to check out the Chubb "Masterpiece" coverage designed for collectors:

http://www.chubb.com/international/canada/cpi/chubb4339.html

(No affiliation with Chubb other than as a customer.)

Cheers,
Blair

g_vezina_c55
08-15-2013, 12:01 PM
just talk with an agent and she said i must have my house insurance with chubb to have the collection insurance

baseballart
08-15-2013, 12:07 PM
Nelson

From a financial perspective, I suspect that the cost of the premium will be far cheaper to combine your house insurance and your collectibles insurance, rather than to split them into two premiums.

I just re-insured with Chubb for our home insurance, and that coverage was one of the selling points.
Max

g_vezina_c55
08-15-2013, 12:09 PM
OK

How that work to insure with chubb ?
i read on the website no evaluation required it is corect ?

baseballart
08-15-2013, 12:17 PM
I'd just give them a call and get a quote. Most insurance companies are more than willing to take business from other insurers :)

CMIZ5290
08-16-2013, 07:05 AM
Doesn't Collectibles Insurance cover Canada as well?

g_vezina_c55
08-16-2013, 08:25 AM
Doesn't Collectibles Insurance cover Canada as well?

I looked on their website and if i want a submission i must be in the US....

auggiedoggy
08-16-2013, 09:14 AM
Anyone know a company where i can take insurance for my collection ?
A company in canada ?
Thanks

Why do you need to split your collection from the other contents in your home? Just lump everything in your home together, in which case your present insurance company, or any other for that matter, should suffice, shouldn't it?

For high priced investment cards, I'd invest in a safe deposit box at the bank.

Bosox Blair
08-16-2013, 10:07 AM
Why do you need to split your collection from the other contents in your home? Just lump everything in your home together, in which case your present insurance company, or any other for that matter, should suffice, shouldn't it?

Hi Rob,

You need to be very careful about this...many people have thought this and gotten burned. In my personal experience, most ordinary household policies will not cover collectibles and rare/special items. And if you ever suffer a loss (the only time you really need insurance) they'll find a way to deny coverage or at the very least dispute values. I have heard from other collector friends (one of whom did suffer a loss) that this is where Chubb shines - they back up the promises. But the coverage is expensive...

Cheers,
Blair

g_vezina_c55
08-16-2013, 10:08 AM
safe deposit box is the best i think. i will probably do with that.

g_vezina_c55
08-16-2013, 01:06 PM
just received the call from the women at CHUBB and she said if i want to insure my collection with chubb the minimal value must be 150K :(

eheh thanks for all your info but i will go with the safe deposit box.

auggiedoggy
08-19-2013, 01:35 PM
just received the call from the women at CHUBB and she said if i want to insure my collection with chubb the minimal value must be 150K :(

eheh thanks for all your info but i will go with the safe deposit box.

Wise choice.