PDA

View Full Version : Collection Question- multiples

Vintageloz
08-13-2013, 09:16 PM
Quick opinion from the group. if you are collecting or working on more than one project that requires the same card do you collect multiples of that card or count the same card twice? For example if you are working on a 1954 topps set and a HOF rookie collection, do you get two of the Hank Aaron card or count the same one as part of both projects? Trying to prioritize my collecting needs and struggle buying a duplicate of one card at the expense of another that I have none of, especially high dollar cards. Would love to hear the groups opinion on how others handle. My inclination is have multiples so that each set or collection can stand on its own merit but what determines where the higher grade one goes?

LEHR
08-13-2013, 09:20 PM
If its something more common like '50's cards I'd say to buy multiples so each collection is truly "complete".

kmac32
08-13-2013, 09:23 PM
Multiples

Rob D.
08-13-2013, 09:26 PM
Multiples.

conor912
08-13-2013, 09:57 PM
I absolutely hate that this is my answer, but i say multiples.

brewing
08-13-2013, 10:04 PM
I focus on the single card, my budget doesn't allow me get everything. Although, if a multiple is a bargain, I'll jump on it though.

ValKehl
08-13-2013, 10:11 PM
I count the same card twice. Now then, I don't collect sets, but I do collect both type cards and cards of certain players (e.g., WaJo & Sam Rice). Wherever possible, my WaJo/Rice cards also serve as my type cards. I see no need to either obtain duplicate WaJO/Rice cards or cards of other players for my type collection.
Val

ullmandds
08-14-2013, 04:34 AM
I say no to duplication/multiples.

AMBST95
08-14-2013, 05:24 AM
If you are collecting for your own secret treasure, there's no need for multiples, but no one wants a near complete set minus the big stars if you do decide to sell. That's why I recommend one very nice copy and multiples in lesser grade.

ullmandds
08-14-2013, 05:51 AM
if and when it comes time to sell...obviously the cards that are needed to complete a set should be included in the set. who sells hof/type card "collections" whole?

thehoodedcoder
08-14-2013, 05:59 AM
Quick opinion from the group. if you are collecting or working on more than one project that requires the same card do you collect multiples of that card or count the same card twice? For example if you are working on a 1954 topps set and a HOF rookie collection, do you get two of the Hank Aaron card or count the same one as part of both projects? Trying to prioritize my collecting needs and struggle buying a duplicate of one card at the expense of another that I have none of, especially high dollar cards. Would love to hear the groups opinion on how others handle. My inclination is have multiples so that each set or collection can stand on its own merit but what determines where the higher grade one goes?

i get a seperate card.

kevin