PDA

View Full Version : PSA "Auth" SGC Crossover Question...RESULTS!!

Browncow75
08-10-2013, 09:11 PM
Has anyone ever crossed.a T206 from PSA "Authentic" to SGC, and gotten a numerical "1" grade? Im going to send in My Cobb "bat on", to SGC, solely because I prefer the looks of the holder. I believe the card got the "A" grade because of paper loss. If Thats the case, What do you think SGC will grade it? Please see scans in My post in the "july pickups" thread for reference. http://www.net54baseball.com/album.php?albumid=59&pictureid=12025

kmac32
08-10-2013, 11:16 PM
Post a scan so we can see the front and back. It might get a SGC 10 if there is paper loss

Browncow75
08-11-2013, 12:21 AM
Pics are in My álbum in My procups here on the site now

freakhappy
08-11-2013, 12:30 AM
Unless the Cobb is altered in one way or another, it should receive a numerical grade from SGC. Unless the paper loss is so severe that it takes away from most of the card (which is doesn't in your case), I don't see why it wouldn't receive a "poor" grade.

the 'stache
08-11-2013, 12:33 AM
Brandon, I've not yet attempted any crossover submissions to SGC, though I am going through a few of my cards to do just that. Speaking purely in the hypothetical here...have you considered cracking the card from the PSA slab and submitting it to SGC raw?

There are other members here who are far more conversant with vintage and pre-war era cards, but if there are no visible signs of repair, or trimming, I guess I would like somebody to educate me on why PSA would grade it as authentic only, and not as a 1 poor. Paper loss alone should not, from what I have read, disqualify the card from getting a numerical grade.

Do you happen to have the receipt PSA sent when you got the submission back, or did you buy it already graded from somebody else?

the 'stache
08-11-2013, 12:37 AM
Mike, here's the back:

http://www.net54baseball.com/album.php?albumid=59&pictureid=12026

What do you think? There's a good deal of paper loss, but you can still clearly make out the back, the series (150) as well as the factory.

the 'stache
08-11-2013, 12:39 AM
Brandon, as I'm having some difficulty seeing them from the album, I made another image for those that might be having the same issue.

http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/737/6eh3.png

Jay Wolt
08-11-2013, 05:40 AM
Looks trimmed on the right side, so SGC-Authentic should be the grade

Marslife
08-11-2013, 06:59 AM
Hey All,

not an expert by any means. I can only tell you that my last submissions came back from SGC. the two trimmed cards received an SGC -TRM grade and they were not slabbed. they were returned with the flip taped to the plastic sleeve.

I was kind of disappointed as the trimmed cards are usually in great shape and present well. I was hoping to have them slabbed so I could place them in my display cabinet.

I suspect that is SGC's new policy but dont know for sure?

If it is thier new policy you may want to save your $ grading fee just to have them tell you what you already know! and NOT slab your card.

Cliff

bobbyw8469
08-11-2013, 07:02 AM
You have to check the box if you want the trimmed cards slabbed.

vintagetoppsguy
08-11-2013, 07:18 AM
Looks trimmed on the right side, so SGC-Authentic should be the grade

Agreed. But, even if it's not trimmed, I believe that is too much paper loss and glue residue to receive a numerical grade.

bigwinnerx
08-11-2013, 08:18 AM
Just recently did a SGC sub myself, I swear I had checkmarked to slab everything, but, when it went to print the form, that option was left as a "No". I manually redlined it.

kmac32
08-12-2013, 11:49 AM
Has anyone ever crossed.a T206 from PSA "Authentic" to SGC, and gotten a numerical "1" grade? Im going to send in My Cobb "bat on", to SGC, solely because I prefer the looks of the holder. I believe the card got the "A" grade because of paper loss. If Thats the case, What do you think SGC will grade it? Please see scans in My post in the "july pickups" thread for reference.

Just recently did a SGC sub myself, I swear I had checkmarked to slab everything, but, when it went to print the form, that option was left as a "No". I manually redlined it.

It happens this way every time with the SGC submission form. I always send a sticky note and write on the form to slab all cards.

Fred
08-12-2013, 12:05 PM
Does SGC have a .5 grade? Just kidding... I don't see why that couldn't receive a numerical grade.

Rickyy
08-12-2013, 12:09 PM
SGC will usually slab it if you checkmark the "A" box unless it's of questionable authenticity....on this card "A" looks about right to me...the trim edge is too pronounced.

Ricky Y

Browncow75
08-29-2013, 09:54 AM
Got grading results back from SGC today. Mr. Cobb successfully crossed to a numeric (10) from the original PSA "A". Pretty happy, ssince this is my first crossover ever!