PDA

View Full Version : One Scan Makes You Larger, and One Scan Makes You Small...

cyseymour
08-09-2013, 08:28 AM
And if you go chasing rabbits...

I like SCP, good auction house, and this is nitpicking, yes... but do you notice how they have one very small scan and one scan that is so large as to be triple the size of the card?

http://catalog.scpauctions.com/1887-N172-OLD-JUDGE-HARRY-WRIGHT-POOR-SGC-10-LOT26092.aspx

I understand that you can still see how a card is by what they provide, but am I the only one who feels that it is nice for an auction house to provide a scan that is the proper size of the card?

I tried downloading their large image in order to adjust the size, but when I save it, the image saves as some sort of html file instead of a jpg. I did email them to request a 100% size scan and I'm sure they'll cooperate, though...

When the men on the chessboard get up and tell you how to bid...

ullmandds
08-09-2013, 08:30 AM
If you're looking for answers, Jamie...I'd suggest asking Alice!

ReefBlue
08-09-2013, 08:40 AM
Then you're doing something wrong. You can just right click, save as the large photo . . .

here is the direct link.

http://catalog.scpauctions.com/ItemImages/000026/0377A_lg.jpeg

cyseymour
08-09-2013, 09:00 AM
Thanks, John. It wasn't letting me save as an image although I was right clicking. May be because I am on a Chromebook - sometimes the formatting/capabilities are a bit different.

bobfreedman
08-09-2013, 09:05 AM
You can click the thumbnails and it will then be the medium sized image, click on it and it will enlarge. I hope that this helps?

cyseymour
08-09-2013, 09:09 AM
You can click the thumbnails and it will then be the medium sized image, click on it and it will enlarge. I hope that this helps?

I see the thumbnails, and I see the small image... then if I click on it, I am getting a very large image... But nothing the actual size of the card itself. Are you getting an image the size of the card itself on your machine?

Cardboard Junkie
08-09-2013, 10:01 AM
It seems that "logic and proportion have fallen sloppy dead".:)

barrysloate
08-09-2013, 11:03 AM
Feed your head.

bobfreedman
08-09-2013, 11:05 AM
cysemour, No, I apologize if I misunderstood your question, there is not actual size image. It is up to the individual auction company as you first alluded. There really is no way to please everyone as we are limited by the number of images we store, we have found that most people would like an over sized image as opposed to an actual size image to view but I certainly understand your viewpoint.

David, I have no clue what you are referring to?

I see the thumbnails, and I see the small image... then if I click on it, I am getting a very large image... But nothing the actual size of the card itself. Are you getting an image the size of the card itself on your machine?

Cardboard Junkie
08-09-2013, 11:23 AM
Jefferson Airplane, "White Rabbit":D Owsley hooked me up with some "Blue Cheer" back in 67 and, well, here I am!

itjclarke
08-09-2013, 11:59 AM
Jefferson Airplane, "White Rabbit":D

Great song! Great band.. Being that I am about 3 blocks from Haight + Ashbury, and about a 1/2 mile from hippie hill, I'm probably pre-programmed to love the Airplane.

"... And the white knight is taking backwards, and the queen is off her head... Remember, what the door mouse said!l"

barrysloate
08-09-2013, 01:45 PM
Jefferson Airplane, "White Rabbit":D Owsley hooked me up with some "Blue Cheer" back in 67 and, well, here I am!

You knew Owsley...you'll have to share some stories with us (on second thought, maybe not the right forum).:)

pariah1107
08-09-2013, 02:40 PM
"Turn on, tune in, drop out" - TL(C)

JEFFV96MASTERS
08-09-2013, 03:13 PM
Post / opinion no longer available

cyseymour
08-09-2013, 03:31 PM
Thanks, Jeff. That's more like it.

For those who wish to pursue more information on the topic, here's a link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_gg6JNLtXI

"Now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It's the new dawn."

1880nonsports
08-09-2013, 08:22 PM
You knew Owsley...you'll have to share some stories with us (on second thought, maybe not the right forum).:)

was pretty close friends with him. He'd call collect from CA......

Cardboard Junkie
08-09-2013, 08:31 PM
Stanley died a few years back, in a mysterious car accident. Here's his web site....essays are cool particularly the ones about modern myths.http://www.thebear.org/ Dave:)