PDA

View Full Version : Weird Autograph Grouping Question

aelefson
08-08-2013, 08:54 PM
Hi-
First of all, I am fairly certain the autographs I have scanned below are fake, but I do not want to throw away something with potential value. Below is the back cover of a scrapbook made in the late 1930s. Over the last few months, I have received pages of the scrapbook from a dealer at my usual flea market. The pages contained 1930s Goudey premiums, a few team issues, and trimmed and skinned York caramels and assorted Goudeys.
He has had the scrapbook for nearly 30 years. He recently saw the signatures of various stars in the back. He thinks they are fake but is not 100% sure. I am fairly certain most/all are fake. He gave me this cover for free as I purchased the last of the pages a few weeks ago.
It is an odd grouping of names. I am assuming the scrapbook creator or a friend added them as a joke to the rest of his classmates' autographs. Can anyone please confirm my suspicions? Obviously, I would love to hear if any are real. Please let me know if you need better scans.
Thanks in advance,
Alan Elefson
aelefson@hotmail.com

GrayGhost
08-08-2013, 08:58 PM
The big names I looked at are no good Alan. Speaker/Cobb/Greenberg/Grange/Berg/Dimagg, etc. Sorry sir

earlywynnfan
08-08-2013, 08:59 PM
Not sure which is the bigger tell: That Bob Johnson and Ty Cobb wrote with the same "b" or Joe DiMaggio didn't know how to spell his name!

aelefson
08-09-2013, 06:45 AM
That is what I noticed too! It is going in the trash tonight.
Thanks,
Alan

djson1
08-12-2013, 10:54 AM
The dead give-away for me was the Joe Medwick at the top....definitely not a good example of Ducky's.