PDA

View Full Version : New T206 Upside Down Back Acquired!

t206hound
08-08-2013, 07:00 PM
I'm super excited to show off this card that just arrived today. To my knowledge, it's the first Sweet Caporal 150 upside down back and the first horizontal pose upside down back.

iggyman
08-08-2013, 07:06 PM
Fantastic fine! Congrats!

Lovely Day...

Sean
08-08-2013, 07:07 PM
Excellent find. :eek:

ethicsprof
08-08-2013, 07:14 PM
interesting find!
all the best,
barry

t206blogcom
08-08-2013, 07:20 PM
Very cool, congrats!!

frankbmd
08-08-2013, 07:23 PM
Perhaps it's an upside down front.:eek:

christopher.herman
08-08-2013, 07:27 PM
Speechless

the 'stache
08-08-2013, 07:43 PM
That's really cool, Erick.

This raises all kinds of questions in my head. I need to learn about how these things were printed. I know they're lithos, and they did the inks one at a time.

I've started reading Inside 206, so I suppose it will go into more detail.

mrvster
08-08-2013, 08:02 PM
:eek:you deserve a great card like this.....I am extremely happy for you:)....you have the keen sense and it has paid huge dividends:D.....

couldn't have happened to a better guy...like hitting the lottery:).....

you are the man Erick hound dawg:D

t206hound
08-09-2013, 07:31 AM
Thanks to everyone... Johnny knows how excited I was to spot this card. It was hidden in plain view and honestly I didn't notice the first time I looked at the lot. Now to get it slabbed...

Runscott
08-09-2013, 09:25 AM
Get it slabbed as an 'upside-down front'.

Runscott
08-09-2013, 04:57 PM
Frank, I missed your post. I hate being second-hand witty :(

frankbmd
08-09-2013, 05:37 PM
Frank, I missed your post. I hate being second-hand witty :(

Avis

t206hound
08-16-2013, 12:28 PM
Not having the day I expected to have :(

Runscott
08-16-2013, 12:31 PM
Erick, SGC plays things super-safe.

You bought this from someone who wasn't selling it as an upside-down back, so they weren't trying to screw anyone. My bet is that it's real.

z28jd
08-16-2013, 12:51 PM
Is there any signs to you, since you have the card in hand, that makes it seem like it could be rebacked? I have at least 10 Old Judge cards that are rebacked and usually the back or front will be a little wavy, also glue marks are noticeable if they soak through cards and it's tough to have everything line up 100% on all four sides. With the condition that card is in, it seems hard to believe it is rebacked and still looks good in the scans.

the-illini
08-16-2013, 01:05 PM
If that card is rebacked, whoever did it did one hell of a job.

Leon
08-16-2013, 01:12 PM
They probably got it right. I bet the edges, under magnification, will expose the issue. Sorry to see that....If it's any consolation, we all make mistakes. I recently bought a counterfeit card and cracked it out of a no-name holder. My bad. Then I sold it and ended up with a bigger issue. Of course I immediately refunded the buyer of mine, but it still sucks. I am sure that won't be my last mistake...but I won't make that exact same one again. :eek:

g_vezina_c55
08-16-2013, 01:14 PM
Bad news :(

insccollectibles
08-16-2013, 01:18 PM
Sorry to hear that Erick. We were all hoping you had found something special.

t206hound
08-16-2013, 01:52 PM
I'm pretty sure sgc Got this one right. Looking at it closely now I can see it's rebacked as well. Must've been done along time ago. With all the damage this beater had I just made an assumption that it was legit.

t206hound
08-16-2013, 03:53 PM
They probably got it right. I bet the edges, under magnification, will expose the issue. Sorry to see that....If it's any consolation, we all make mistakes. I recently bought a counterfeit card and cracked it out of a no-name holder. My bad. Then I sold it and ended up with a bigger issue. Of course I immediately refunded the buyer of mine, but it still sucks. I am sure that won't be my last mistake...but I won't make that exact same one again. :eek:

It wasn't much of a mistake (purchase) per se. But, I had already mentally converted the card into a couple of cards. Good thing i didn't sell it raw!!! BTW, the auction listing:
http://jvscauctions.com/LotDetail.aspx?inventoryid=3868

atx840
08-16-2013, 04:13 PM
Bummer Erick. Usually, but not always, upside down backs are miscut to some extent.

t206hound
08-16-2013, 05:08 PM
Bummer Erick. Usually, but not always, upside down backs are miscut to some extent.

Yup. That was my discussion with Johnny this afternoon.

npa589
08-16-2013, 05:27 PM
I was upset to see this Erick, was hoping for your sake that it was real.

It had to have been done a long time ago, as was suggested.

Go find another one! :D

steve B
08-16-2013, 07:48 PM
I'm pretty sure sgc Got this one right. Looking at it closely now I can see it's rebacked as well. Must've been done along time ago. With all the damage this beater had I just made an assumption that it was legit.

Is there a back under the SC150?

I've seen a few really odd things lately, and have one on the way to check. All different sources, so more puzzling than simple rebacking.

Steve B

t206hound
08-16-2013, 08:07 PM
Is there a back under the SC150?

I've seen a few really odd things lately, and have one on the way to check. All different sources, so more puzzling than simple rebacking.

Steve B

Looks like a skinned front and back put together... Perhaps long ago.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/08/17/y3egeqa3.jpg

mrvster
08-16-2013, 08:20 PM
Was so bummed......you really deserved to get that as an authentic uppy.....man I'm super sorry......

You are the ultimate hound dawg, and I know you find the gems my friend...

:)

again, real bummer:mad:

steve B
08-16-2013, 08:53 PM
Looks like a skinned front and back put together... Perhaps long ago.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/08/17/y3egeqa3.jpg

Bummer! It sure does look rebacked.

Another oddity, not really great condition but rebacked with a common back. That's a lot of effort for very little, especially if it was done years ago.

The stuff I've seen lately is really odd. There was the polar bear with an SC back over it someone posted a while back, and I've seen a number of cards with remnants of paper on the back that are different backs. At first glance they're scrapbook remnants with maybe a bit of the back of a card from the other side. But looking closer they can't be. The back that's the paper remnant is facing the back like it would if two cards were stuck together front to back, but the thinner surrounding paper shows no sign of a front.

The one that's coming is an obvious reback, a 350/460 card with a 150 back. and also a common with a common back. it should be interesting to see if it was done over another back, or if it's just a straight reback.

Steve B

wolf441
08-16-2013, 09:04 PM
That's really disappointing. I was really hoping that it was the real deal. I think we all root for the good guys on the board to hit the jackpot.

CaramelMan
08-17-2013, 04:35 AM
Actually i think you can tell from the front scan it's rebacked. Look at the lower left corner...it looks worn yet it seems to have more cardboard beneath it, supporting it. Rebacked sign

steve B
08-17-2013, 01:24 PM
Bummer! It sure does look rebacked.

Another oddity, not really great condition but rebacked with a common back. That's a lot of effort for very little, especially if it was done years ago.

The stuff I've seen lately is really odd. There was the polar bear with an SC back over it someone posted a while back, and I've seen a number of cards with remnants of paper on the back that are different backs. At first glance they're scrapbook remnants with maybe a bit of the back of a card from the other side. But looking closer they can't be. The back that's the paper remnant is facing the back like it would if two cards were stuck together front to back, but the thinner surrounding paper shows no sign of a front.

The one that's coming is an obvious reback, a 350/460 card with a 150 back. and also a common with a common back. it should be interesting to see if it was done over another back, or if it's just a straight reback.

Steve B

And mine ended differently as well, although maybe a bit happier. Turns out it's neither rebacked nor a card that shouldn't exist. Just two neatly stacked cards in the same toploader. So no curious puzzle, but two more cards closer to the set. I'm not sure wether I'm disappointed or happy.:confused:

Steve B

Bosox Blair
08-17-2013, 08:56 PM
Real and Spectacular! :D (Kidding...sorry yours did not work out, Erick.) :(

z28jd
08-17-2013, 09:29 PM
Real and Spectacular! :D (Kidding...sorry yours did not work out, Erick.) :(

Everyone should just post upside down backs to make him feel worse, good job Blair! Just make sure they aren't T206's and he won't get upset

t206hound
08-18-2013, 08:43 AM
Everyone should just post upside down backs to make him feel worse, good job Blair! Just make sure they aren't T206's and he won't get upset

I guess I'm over it, because that made me laugh...

teetwoohsix
08-18-2013, 09:50 PM
I've been off of the board a bit and when I started reading this thread I was really excited for you Erick- I didn't expect it to turn out like this :( I'm sorry that this happened to you.

I hope you do land that hidden gem, they are out there (somewhere?!). Keep hunting~

Sincerely, Clayton

t206hound
08-19-2013, 06:22 AM
I've been off of the board a bit and when I started reading this thread I was really excited for you Erick- I didn't expect it to turn out like this :( I'm sorry that this happened to you.

I hope you do land that hidden gem, they are out there (somewhere?!). Keep hunting~

Sincerely, Clayton

You know me... I love the hunt....

john.clowes
08-30-2013, 03:54 PM
The off-center back of this Willis matches up well with the Barbeau above...

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-GPc7kveuoN0/UiEUJgb0jmI/AAAAAAAAABA/jZj7GFEkPCA/s330/e91c+willis3.jpg