PDA

View Full Version : Wrong Card Title Graded by PSA at the National

pow323
08-08-2013, 02:58 PM
I am a very patient understanding person but this upsets me a little. I had a friend take this card to the National to have it graded by PSA. It is a 1954 Red Heart Dog Food Eddie Yost. On the heading they put 1952 Red Man Tobacco and gave me a grade of 4.5. The card is a least a 6 IMO. I have a complete graded set of a least a 6 or better. I called PSA and told them what happened, they told me to send it back and they will change the title to the correct name of the card and give me the same grade of a 4.5. I told them that the card is better than a 4.5 and they said that they would regrade the card for a grading fee. NOT FAIR IMO that they are going to charge me to give me a higher grade when they made the mistake. No more PSA grading for me, I will stick with RAW cards. Thanks for Listening!! :mad:

Cardboard Junkie
08-08-2013, 03:09 PM
I feel your pain Mark. I sense you are a man who does his job......psa must be the other guy!:( Dave

SMPEP
08-08-2013, 05:12 PM
I'm really surprised PSA wouldn't JUMP on getting this corrected.

I mean when you make such an obvious mistake ... why would you even allow it to be out there.

If you can't get something completely factual correct - like company and year - why should any collector believe you when you are assigning a subjective rating?

In my opinion, it's a very dumb business decision to allow a product like this to stay in the market place, because all it does is undermine your credibility.

Cheers,
Patrick

nsaddict
08-08-2013, 05:24 PM
Certainly a dumb mistake Red Man vs. Red Heart. And they should and are willing to correct the flip. However, I do agree with them on charging for the regrade. Excluding the flip mistake, imagine if every collector sent cards back thinking it should have graded higher? That's where PRO grading comes in. Sorry, but this is how I see it.

nolemmings
08-08-2013, 05:32 PM
Certainly a dumb mistake Red Man vs. Red Heart. And they should and are willing to correct the flip. However, I do agree with them on charging for the regrade. Excluding the flip mistake, imagine if every collector sent cards back thinking it should have graded higher? That's where PRO grading comes in. Sorry, but this is how I see it.

Agreed.

Gobucsmagic74
08-08-2013, 05:42 PM

I disagree only in that if they made a mistake with the name of the card on the flip, they should probably offer a re-grade just for the trouble of having to send it back in to be corrected. This doesn't set any real precedent unless they continue making stupid mistakes, in which case they have no one to blame but themselves.

nolemmings
08-08-2013, 05:54 PM
PSA mislabels cards from time to time. As far as I know, they are willing to correct their mistake on their dime. Asking them to change the grade or to re-examine the grade is something for which they generally charge, so I don't really see the issue here.

The mistake is pretty bad I'll grant you, and this wasn't the typical clerical error if made onsite at the National. Still, it's hectic there and mistakes can happen. Regrettably, the OP was not there personally to catch the error--I would bet they would have fixed it on the spot and may have given it a closer look if there was a gripe about the grade. However, if they thought it deserved a 4.5 what can you do? How is different than having to re-submit or crack out and try again?

It wouldn't be a bad PR move to offer to re-examine the card for free, but I would not be at all surprised that if they did so they would come back and say they stand by their original grade.

bsuttonosu
08-08-2013, 06:13 PM

If they recorded the wrong name, how can the submitter be sure they recorded the right grade? What's to say they don't have that info wrong as well or mixed up with another card? I don't see it as the same thing as disagreeing with the grade. They clearly made at least one mistake. In the interests of integrity of their brand and good customer service they should just give it a redo.

pow323
08-08-2013, 06:28 PM
I want to thank everyone who has responded with there opinion so far with the problem that I had with the Red Heat Card. Thank You! Hopefully the person that has the 1952 Red Man Tobacco Card, with the heading 1954 Red Heart Dog Food graded PSA 6 or 7 will see this post and email me saying they have my PSA holder. Wouldn`t that be Funny!! Thanks again, Marc. Take Care!! :)

campyfan39
08-08-2013, 06:40 PM
grading sucks

SMPEP
08-09-2013, 12:02 PM
+1 bsutton

No way to be sure they gave this the grade they even thought it should be.