PDA

View Full Version : Why do auctions hide their ending dates???

whiteymet
08-06-2013, 05:10 PM
Is it just me or do Major Auctions not want you to know when their auctions end?

I have noticed this in the past, can't cite any old ones, but just today I got on the site for the Love of the Game auction and have looked all over the site for the ending date.

If it is there and I missed it, I apologize. But the closest I could get was on the page noting recent bids where it had how much time is left 18 days, five hours etc.

Wouldn't you think on the home page they would have this info? I like to send myself a reminder of when auctions close, but without a date I can't do this.

I know we all get multiple emails as the auctions wind down, but it would be nice to have that info at our finger tips on the home page of the auction!

sb1
08-06-2013, 05:36 PM
Well..... I can tell you for a fact we always post our's on the website, the next one starts Sept 9th and ends Sept 21st(shameless plug).

Kawika
08-06-2013, 06:56 PM
Whitey: I agree that it is helpful to know when an auction ends so you can note it on the calendar; some auction house web pages are generally more user-friendly than others. Al C at Love of the Game is very responsive to his bidders; I'm sure he would add the closing date to his home page if it is suggested to him. Otherwise you may find the auction calendar at the Old Cardboard website to be useful. It lists many of the auctions that we all patronize. LOTG closes August 27th by the way. (Bid early and often, I've got consignments :)).