PDA

View Full Version : OT: Three Games/Three Cities/Three Days

t206hound
08-06-2013, 02:24 PM
An old friend of mine texted me yesterday and asked if I wanted to meet him in Boston (September 1) or New York (September 2) for games. I've never been to Fenway or Yankee Stadium (new or old). Well, as it turns out, I already have tickets for the Nationals on August 31, so it looks like I'm hitting three games in different cities in just three days.

Back in the early-mid nineties, I did a Cubs day game and a Sox night game the same day. Has anyone else had adventures like this?

Bocabirdman
08-06-2013, 02:56 PM
An old friend of mine texted me yesterday and asked if I wanted to meet him in Boston (September 1) or New York (September 2) for games. I've never been to Fenway or Yankee Stadium (new or old). Well, as it turns out, I already have tickets for the Nationals on August 31, so it looks like I'm hitting three games in different cities in just three days.

Back in the early-mid nineties, I did a Cubs day game and a Sox night game the same day. Has anyone else had adventures like this?

Living in the Mid-Atlantic region or the Northeast lends itself to such stadium blitzes. I recall a run in the Fall of '92, when the planets alignment allowed for a crazy run. A bud from Massachusetts flew to Maryland for a visit and we hit a Terps-NC State football game on a Saturday afternoon and an O's/Brewers game Saturday night. Sunday, we drove to Philly for a Phillies game then to Shea for a Mets game on Tuesday. Wednesday saw us at Fenway. I dropped him at his house and caught a game at Yankee stadium on Friday. I got home and another buddy called with Grateful Dead tickets and so it went..........:D Damn I was young........:)

z28jd
08-06-2013, 03:23 PM
A few years back when the Nationals were still at RFK, I saw them play a night game vs the Mets, then went to an Orioles vs Red Sox day game the next day.

My busiest day of activities involved going to Monmouth Racetrack for the horses in the afternoon, an evening minor league baseball game, followed by going to see my cousins band play at night. Long day, lots of driving, great time.

jp1216
08-06-2013, 03:28 PM
In '99, I was able (via work) to hit Wrigley and Fenway on back-to-back nights. First time for each! Since then, I've done Wrigley once and Boston about 5 times.

CharleyBrown
08-06-2013, 03:39 PM
Saw this on reddit the other day.

http://i.imgur.com/JS3Vgou.jpg

frankbmd
08-06-2013, 04:01 PM
My son-in-law and four classmates, while in college on summer vacation, went to every major league park (28) in 30 days. The year, 1995, I think. They traveled by automobile. The logistics of matching the geography with home games was a feat in and of itself. Their journey was picked up by ESPN and before they finished they were given VIP treatment at some parks as well as TV interviews.

My son-in-law has the 28 ticket stubs mounted in a nice frame with a map showing their route. A nice piece which is now hanging in his garage.:eek:
I actually liked him for awhile when I heard about the trip, but have since lost interest since the tickets were moved to the garage, which if he sees this is where I'll be sleeping when we visit.:D