PDA

View Full Version : dinner was fun last nigh

Rich Klein
08-03-2013, 06:49 AM
Leon:

As always thank you for organizing our yearly hospitatlity room. I hope you got a lot of donations for the doggies I have two who are missing me terribly this week.

speakers were good -- Josh was great and has gotten even funnier, berkus can go at least 30 fun-filled minutes at any time, I would have thouht Bob freedman would be older and Chris C's infomercial needs to be tempered a bit

More details in one of my ramblings columns after the show

rich

Leon
08-03-2013, 07:01 AM
Your welcome, Rich. We raised $792 at the Dinner for our four legged friends. Add in several donations from kind board members who couldn't even attend and we are going to be around $825'ish. I don't want to take anymore donations as that is not was this was all about (only asking to give a donation). The several donations already made, from members who didn't attend, are very, very much appreciated. I just don't want folks to think this was ONLY about donations. It was about the dinner and sparing a few bucks, from those who attended, and in the end being able to help some of our mans-best-friends from the tragic times they have been through. It will take a little bit of time, maybe a few weeks or so, but I will come back and let everyone know exactly where the money went to....and hopefully the specific doggies we all helped.

Thanks again to Heritage Auctions for the Platinum Sponsorship.

And also thanks to Goldin Auctions for their Gold Sponsorship. And last but certainly not least, thanks to the members who attended and the great speakers we had. I am sure I will give more thoughts about the National in other threads in the near future. Now off to breakfast and back to the floor of the National.

isaac2004
08-03-2013, 07:43 AM
Thanks Leon, it was a true pleasure getting the chance to attend, all the hard work you did to put it together paid off.

KUDOS to you!!!

MBMiller25
08-04-2013, 07:44 AM
Leon, Thank you again for your hospitality on Friday night. I had a very good time, before I got tuckered out and had to go to bed! I really appreciate the work you do to put these dinners together.

queencitysportscards
08-04-2013, 09:13 AM
Thanks Leon for a great event. It was nice to meet some of you in person and those who I have done business with, exchanged emails and talked with on the phone.

See you all next year and hopefully some of you before then!

Thanks Leon, Heritage and Goldin Auctions!

xcgrammer
08-04-2013, 08:45 PM
Dinner was awesome and handled perfectly! Thanks Leon and all sponsers involved.

BruceWayne
08-05-2013, 10:47 AM
Dinner was awesome and handled perfectly! Thanks Leon and all sponsers involved.
Agreed. It was really great to meet a number of you in person and Leon and his group did a wonderful job putting everything together.

Thanks also to those who came up to me and introduced themselves. I didn't know many of you by face and thank you for taking the time to come over and say hello. I look forward to interacting with everyone further and getting to know how we can better serve you guys.

Sincerely,
Chris

Taxman
08-05-2013, 10:55 AM
Thanks Leon great job!!

Jewish-collector
08-05-2013, 12:21 PM
I've always said that the Net54 dinner is the most fun & enjoyable part of the entire National show experience. http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-eatdrink004.gifhttp://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-eatdrink004.gifhttp://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-eatdrink004.gif

08-05-2013, 12:36 PM
It was a great event - as usual. Thanks again Leon!

If you would've told me beforehand that Charlie Sheen would be prominently discussed, I would have called you crazy! :D

Donscards
08-05-2013, 05:59 PM
Leon---Another great dinner and event---you did a wonderful job---nice talking to you---food and drinks were great---I was amazed at Josh Evans speech---I didnt realize what a funny guy he was. Amazing stories and his quick retorts were fun to listen too.----thanks again, Don

cyseymour
08-05-2013, 06:03 PM
Thanks Leon, I had a very good time and it was great to meet so many people in the hobby. Josh's speech was terrific, quite engaging, and the food was good. Loved the turkey sliders!

Tim Kindler
08-11-2013, 09:58 PM
I know it's been over a week now, but I finally have time to comment on the my day at The National and the Net 54 Dinner. First of all, Thanks to Leon for hosting and coordinating everything. He does an awesome job of handling everything and it really adds to the relaxation and enjoyment of the night's events for all of us. Thanks to the sponsors, Heritage and Goldin who fork out good money so that we all can have excellent food, service, and drinks. I appreciated and enjoyed those who took their time and effort to speak to us. I'm sure it's not easy to come up with things to talk about to such a tough crowd:p Throughout the day, I met and talked to many dealers who were very informative and helpful in my collecting quests. AS the day went on, I really got to know some of you guys from the board in a much more meaningful way. Sometimes cyberspace is a pretty bland way to get to know each other as humans. Meeting guys face to face, talking throughout the day, and visiting with fellow collectors at the dinner, really adds a connection of friendship to folks that I had only talked to previously through emails and threads. The guys at my table (YOU know who you are:eek:) are really some of the nicest and enjoyable guys to hang out with. I appreciated everyone's informativeness, candidness, as well as entertainment that I spoke to throughout the night. Everyone, please keep in touch throughout the year, please forgive me if I'm terrible with names the next time we meet, and most of all, I look forward to doing it again next year and getting to know everyone just a little bit better. Love Net 54!
Thanks,
Tim Kindler