PDA

View Full Version : Upper Deck Authentication Refuses to discuss ANY holograms from pre-2002

CollectiblesNJ
08-02-2013, 04:12 PM
I felt like I should put this on record. UD used to issue on site holograms during the late 80s throughout the 90s. This is the second time I have a holo that is older and I called to verify it. Each time they asked me what the item was (I mean shouldn't they know that?) Each time I was told that they are not allowed to discuss or comment on holograms issued before 2002.

I have the actual COA with mail in registration and everything from the other item (a reggie jackson bat) and they also said they cannot discuss any items from before 2002. I mean what excuse do they possibly have have?

For me this is a minor issue. What about people who have spent thousands on UDA items at shows or through dealers who basically have no verifiable COA anymore even though they paid a premium for those items..

chaddurbin
08-03-2013, 05:43 PM
UDA is pretty useless, as they can't discuss $hit if it's not in their database...which rules out about 50% of their LEGIT stuff. had the same problem when i tried to verify a UDA signed jordan card.