PDA

View Full Version : 500 HR club autograph opinions needed

CollectiblesNJ
08-02-2013, 02:16 PM
Provenance: this is one of the original Pete rose hit king marketing Ron Lewis prints on high quality poster paper. It is 38 x 22 3/4 out of the frame. Most of the signatures were obtained at the 1988 national in Atlantic city . Missing ted williams since he was not at that convention. willy mays was added last... Mick has a onsite uda holo that they will not discuss because its from pre 2002 which is a topic for another post. I think all of these sigs look dead on but before offering items for sale I love to get some other opinions.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/08/03/8ehe2y6y.jpg
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/08/03/ge6u5uzy.jpg

shelly
08-02-2013, 07:26 PM
:):):):):):):)

7nohitter
08-03-2013, 06:36 AM
Wow! Gorgeous!

Paulanthony
08-03-2013, 07:25 AM
I have a question. It is my understanding an authentic 500 HR club lithograph is always signed Horizontal not Vertical. I think the mantle is horrible. I can't recall seeing a PSA/JSA certified vertical.

Lordstan
08-03-2013, 07:54 AM
Great litho and sigs.
Sorry Paul. I'm not sure what you are basing your opinion on, but I think that Mantle looks great.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

mr2686
08-03-2013, 09:34 AM
From what I can tell, they all look great. As for vertical vs horizontal, if I remember right, most of the ones I've seen from the original show vs ones signed later were vertical (but my memory could be off a bit). I suspect the later ones depended on how the first guy signed and then others followed suit.

CollectiblesNJ
08-03-2013, 10:00 AM
Thought I would mention this one has PETE ROSE "HIT KING" MARKETING across the length of the bottom lip underneath the matting of this picture from side to side (now under the matting) which I believe (according to research) only the original posters from the AC show have.

Ted Williams interestingly enough seemed to often be the last signature acquired on pieces of these that were completed. Probably due to the lack of his presence at the 1988 Convention. In the examples I have seen it appears he would always sign the opposite of how the rest of the signatures were.

To be completely honest if I was a richer man I would not want to sell this. It goes down for me as the coolest piece I have had the pleasure to temporarily own.

btcarfagno
08-03-2013, 10:32 AM
Thought I would mention this one has PETE ROSE "HIT KING" MARKETING across the length of the bottom lip underneath the matting of this picture from side to side (now under the matting) which I believe (according to research) only the original posters from the AC show have.

Ted Williams interestingly enough seemed to often be the last signature acquired on pieces of these that were completed. Probably due to the lack of his presence at the 1988 Convention. In the examples I have seen it appears he would always sign the opposite of how the rest of the signatures were.

To be completely honest if I was a richer man I would not want to sell this. It goes down for me as the coolest piece I have had the pleasure to temporarily own.

And with good reason. Absolutely gorgeous.

Tom C

Paulanthony
08-03-2013, 11:18 AM
I have a question. It is my understanding an authentic 500 HR club lithograph is always signed Horizontal not Vertical. I think the mantle is horrible. I can't recall seeing a PSA/JSA certified vertical.
TomTresh2's channel
For what it's worth 2:43 on the video. Looks the same as op. HE even mentions the Vertical issue.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUpZFlSxsIY

shelly
08-03-2013, 11:46 AM

Mantle is perfect.

mr2686
08-03-2013, 12:10 PM
TomTresh2's channel
For what it's worth 2:43 on the video. Looks the same as op. HE even mentions the Vertical issue.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUpZFlSxsIY

Well Chris is on here so maybe he'll comment, but looking at the photos these look very good.

shelly
08-03-2013, 02:03 PM
They signed every which way. Here is one that is signed totatly different.

Deertick
08-04-2013, 09:14 AM
Most of the forgeries I have seen on this image is on the smaller (14" x 11" ?) 'giveaway' prints. While 99% of those are vertically signed, that does not disqualify authenticity on all items, especially the litho's. :)

Can someone correct my memory of the '88 show? My recollection was that there was a strict "no personalization / inscription" policy. Was that just for the individual tickets and not for the group package?

shelly
08-04-2013, 09:43 AM
Hr totals and that was it. You are correct. Most of the forged pieces where smaller. They also where not signed by the Artist as well.

Duluth Eskimo
08-04-2013, 09:49 AM
I'm really not trying to start something here and I don't believe I know this person posting, but why is this guy commenting?????? This is the same guy who stated the Ted Williams Green Diamond photo was a 1940-50's Ted Williams signature?????????????????? Beyond that this person is referencing PSA / DNA files for 500 HR poster. I am not a PSA / JSA basher and actually quite the contrary, but I would much rather go from my own 25 plus years experience in getting signatures from those guys in person and takes opinions from people that were at that show or in business during those years.

These guys that comment that are completely unfamiliar with the signing habits, appearances, or person tendancies when these guys when they were alive is of little interest or concern to me.

I have had disagreements with Shelly in the past on opinions, but I completely agree that this looks perfect. If this guy is correct and others have an educated opinion that differs from this, I would like to hear specifically why they have problems with any of these signatures.

Deertick
08-04-2013, 09:49 AM
Hr totals and that was it. You are correct. Most of the forged pieces where smaller. They also where not signed by the Artist as well.

Thanks, Shelly. I have seen some that indicate MVP, HOF, GG years, etc. I always discounted them as fake.