PDA

View Full Version : Joe DiMaggio signed check, or not?

Mr. Zipper
08-01-2013, 10:22 AM
Authenticated by Morris Engelberg (Joe DiMaggio's attorney)...

Is this the sister's signature? :confused: Was Joe sitting around writing checks for $6.48?

MooseDog
08-01-2013, 11:01 AM
That looks like Marie's version to me.

daves_resale_shop
08-01-2013, 11:08 AM
Secretarial

JimStinson
08-01-2013, 12:23 PM
SISTER

Jim Stinson Buys Baseball Autographs
Also Vintage autograph Rarities for sale now
stinsonsports.com

JimStinson
08-01-2013, 12:47 PM
Do an online search using the words

Joe DiMaggio check autographed by sister

you'll find quite a few, represented as what they are. Compare it to that one and you'll have your answer

Jim Stinson Buys Baseball Autographs
Also Vintage autograph Rarities for sale now
stinsonsports.com

tazdmb
08-01-2013, 01:38 PM
TriStar has sold about 40 of them today so far, I wonder how many will be returned.

https://www.insidersportsdeals.com/Joe-DiMaggio-Authentic-Autographed-Personal-Check-Beckett-Slabbed_p_3506.html

I wrote to Tristar, who runs the above site and authenticated the check, about this. I doubt i get a response, but we will see.

shelly
08-01-2013, 01:55 PM
Morris, is a trip. The real Joe D checks say Joseph Paul or just Joeseph not joe.;)108438

RichardSimon
08-01-2013, 04:12 PM
You guys are accusing a man who calls himself Esquire of dishonesty?
For Shame!!! :D:D.

shelly
08-01-2013, 04:41 PM
You guys are accusing a man who calls himself Esquire of dishonesty?
For Shame!!! :D:D.

It was like the last baseballs that Joe signed on his death bed. He wanted three thousand for those.:eek:

RichardSimon
08-02-2013, 06:50 AM
TriStar has sold about 40 of them today so far, I wonder how many will be returned.

https://www.insidersportsdeals.com/Joe-DiMaggio-Authentic-Autographed-Personal-Check-Beckett-Slabbed_p_3506.html

I wrote to Tristar, who runs the above site and authenticated the check, about this. I doubt i get a response, but we will see.

And they are selling them at a big discount. What a deal, Joe's sister at 61% off and shame on Beckett for being in on this too.
I wrote to the seller and even suggested they submit a check or checks for authentication.
What are my odds on getting an answer when they are virtually sold out?
If I get an answer I will post it here.

Mr. Zipper
08-02-2013, 06:55 AM
And they are selling them at a big discount. What a deal, Joe's sister at 61% off and shame on Beckett for being in on this too.

As Jim suggested, I did find some that are being sold as sister signed... And the sellers are still asking around $100. WTF? :confused:

I'd pay maybe $10 for one as a curiosity.

RichardSimon
08-05-2013, 09:50 AM
I wrote to the seller and even suggested they submit a check or checks for authentication.
What are my odds on getting an answer when they are virtually sold out?
If I get an answer I will post it here.

They never answered me. What a shock.