PDA

View Full Version : Question Regarding Places to Meet at National

BobC
07-29-2013, 10:51 AM
Sorry this is a little off topic but, never been to the Chicago National before and will be meeting there with some friends and others on Thursday night, about 10-12 people, for some dinner and drinks Figured this would be a good group to ask since many of you have been there in prior years. Any suggestions on where to go for a group like that, somewhere in the area around the Convention Center, would be greatly appreciated. I believe the Net54 dinner is going on then but, a lot of these others I'm seeing are not into vintage stuff and are not Net54 members so, that isn't an option. Any suggestions are welcomed and appreciated. Thanks,

Bob C

Jewish-collector
07-29-2013, 11:52 AM
Bob,

That's a really good question. There are about a dozen places to eat within walking distance of the convention center. There are the high end places (a few steakhouses) like Gibsons, Capital Grill, Mortons, etc,... In addition, they recently (beginning of 2013) opened a bunch of what I call tourist crap restaurants in the area across the street from the convention center behind the parking garages called MB Financial Park at Rosemont. It consists of a movie theatre, bowling alley, resturants, pubs, etc,... The reviews of these restaurants are not great, so don't expect too much.

http://www.rosemont.com/the_park_at_rosemont.php

See you in Chicago in a few days !!!

Leon
07-29-2013, 12:25 PM
Sorry this is a little off topic but, never been to the Chicago National before and will be meeting there with some friends and others on Thursday night, about 10-12 people, for some dinner and drinks Figured this would be a good group to ask since many of you have been there in prior years. Any suggestions on where to go for a group like that, somewhere in the area around the Convention Center, would be greatly appreciated. I believe the Net54 dinner is going on then but, a lot of these others I'm seeing are not into vintage stuff and are not Net54 members so, that isn't an option. Any suggestions are welcomed and appreciated. Thanks,

Bob C

The Net54baseball Dinner is Friday night. The Heritage Live auction is Thursday night.

Gmrson
07-29-2013, 02:01 PM
check this thread:

http://net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=172260

BobC
07-29-2013, 03:32 PM
Thanks for the info guys. And Leon, sorry I got the days mixed up. I'm dropping friends at Midway on Friday night and couldn't make it anyway.

Bob