PDA

View Full Version : T206 Jennings

thehoodedcoder
07-28-2013, 08:36 PM
Any one know why the t206 jennings portrait card comes with a piedmont 150 back but is not in the sweek caporal 150 set with any of the different factories?

There are actually 3 cards like this but this is the one i don't have any logical explanation as to why.

Kevin

steve B
07-29-2013, 06:48 AM
Hard to campare with the other two. Magie was corrected, and Lundgren had a team change. Neither has the same backs available as Jennings.

My guess is that Jennings portrait was added very late in the 150 run, and ws readily carried over into 350.

To me the number of Piedmonts would mean ALC had to be running them almost constantly. There are a few cards that I believe were never intended as 350's but a few were made using up a stock of finished front sheets after they switched to 350.

If they were doing that much production it's also possible that for Piedmont, more than one press was being used and that right around the changeover 150 and 350 were both being printed.

It would be interesting to see a number of 150 and 350 Jennings portraits to see if there's a difference between the two. There are a few differences that don't cross series. Plus a few that are within 350.

I'm coming to the conclusion that at least some sheet layouts were specific to a brand and series. Interesting that Jennings is an odd one, there's another detroit player with an unusual pattern once you look deeper.

Steve B