PDA

View Full Version : Modern HOF'ers but no interest in their cards

KuznKevin
07-28-2013, 01:35 PM
It's possibly a market location thing, as am not associated in any way to these players markets. Am finding it odd though that I have zero interest in collecting existing, or certain sure fire Hall Of Famers cards. Yount, Brett, F Thomas, Bagwell, Biggio, and a few others I don't even key off of when getting one in a pack of cards. Rookies of them, yes, but beyond that, the cards are given to the neighbor kids.

Seem to be stuck with the huge names now. Pujols in example. Rodriquez was there until a year ago. I think I should actually be respecting the cards of many more players, HOF players, than I do. For example, 1992 cards of all the players mentioned above I just can't get in to. Wrong ?

Note: not a seller/investor here. Just a dude enjoying the hobby.

Rich Klein
07-28-2013, 01:46 PM
1986-94. Let's face it, a 1991 Topps Robby Alomar card is 10 cent real value card, may have a book value but in the real world its a dime card.

Now, as you said, some extra interest in RC's from that era as well as more modern inserts, autographs, game used., etc. But let's face it, many of these base cards just draw no interest. 1982 Topps Rollie Fingers In Action anyone?

Rich

KuznKevin
07-28-2013, 02:35 PM
I do buy 'real' boxes and save them, but also, for fun, buy the junk periodically. I just completed sufferring through a 1992 Donruss Studio box. LOTS of Hall of Famers or soon to be in there.

My little stack left from it consists of a few Nolan's and Griffey's. The rest I honestly don't know what to do with. Will be trash. It is fun though going back in time with these card boxes. Steve Avery ? wow. Name from 20 years ago.
have fun all:D

steve B
07-28-2013, 09:06 PM
Donate the stuff you don't want. One of the guys here uses them in school.

Also, where can I get a dime for a 91 T Alomar? That would be great:)

Steve B

David W
07-29-2013, 10:46 AM
The last card show I went to (about 18 months ago), I had a lot of fun going through 10 cent boxes and pulling out HOF'ers cards from about 85 to present. I probably spent 30 minutes and $5 pulling out cards, passing up literally hundreds of HOF'ers to take the ones I wanted.

There are just so many million of all of those cards they will never have any value, but when you can get Griffey Jr or Frank Thomas or Chipper for 10 cents, why not?

I just have them either in 9 pocket pages, or in plastic boxes.