PDA

View Full Version : Mickey etc - Do these look good?

Shoeless Moe
07-27-2013, 08:25 PM
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Disney-Mickey-Mouse-Donald-Duck-Pluto-Signed-Baseball-/400538332790?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5d41f1ee76

r2678
07-27-2013, 08:44 PM
I have serious concerns about Pluto because he's a dog and I don't know if they can hold a pen. I'd much rather see a paw print.

joed25
07-27-2013, 10:05 PM
:mad:

drcy
07-27-2013, 10:09 PM
There's no way Pluto could write. He was dumb for a dog.

Shoeless Moe
07-27-2013, 10:22 PM
You guys are no help, I'm gonna get the PSA quick opinion.

dapro
07-28-2013, 12:38 AM
Lol

RichardSimon
07-28-2013, 06:29 AM
You guys are no help, I'm gonna get the PSA quick opinion.

Please post that here once you get it :D.

Leon
07-28-2013, 07:41 AM
That is the best Mickey I have ever seen!!

RichardSimon
07-28-2013, 09:12 AM
That is the best Mickey I have ever seen!!

Leon,
You have posted here many times that you don't know autographs and now you comment on this controversial issue? :D:D.

mr2686
07-28-2013, 09:31 AM
I can't comment on Mickey or Donald, but the Pluto is waaaay off. Also, all legit Pluto's have slobber on most of the same panel as the sig. I would pass on this one and get a nice 8x10 of all 3 and get them signed in person at the park. I hear they're only charging $300 a piece for each sig...not including personalization of course.

JimStinson
07-29-2013, 12:46 PM
True Story ...Someone did a private signing with "Cheetah" once , The Chimp from the old TARZAN movies , he took a snapshot of Cheetah running the pen across every photo and then sold them for $75.00 each, I bought 10 and sold out in a week.

Someone actually ASKED me when he was buying one of the photos if it was "inscribed" !!!! I said "Its a Monkey dude !!!" , The dealer sold out of the 8x10's and tried to do another signing with Cheetah, but the zoo keeper got into trouble when it was reported in the media that the famous primate was signing for a fee ....lol, And the animal abuse people made a big stink about it. Sadly it broke poor Cheetahs heart because he died shortly after., RIP Cheetah you will be missed :)

I BUY BASEBALL AUTOGRAPHS
stinsonsports.com

JimStinson
07-29-2013, 12:53 PM
Come to think of it Cheetah's signature looked a lot like that of GREG MADDUX only much neater...:D

JIM STINSON BUYS BASEBALL AUTOGRAPHS
stinsonsports.com

JimStinson
07-29-2013, 01:06 PM
In case an exemplar is needed for formal authentication ...

thecatspajamas
07-29-2013, 01:38 PM
Man, I'm glad to see you back posting again, Jim. Awesome story!

Any idea what an authentic Cheetah autograph would go for these days?

JimStinson
07-29-2013, 02:37 PM
Man, I'm glad to see you back posting again, Jim. Awesome story!

Any idea what an authentic Cheetah autograph would go for these days?

Sadly Cheetah's autograph has not increased dramatically in the volatile autograph market and sells for around $75.00-$100.00. As a consolation though his autograph is still the most pricy of all animals , Its too bad Rinn Tinn Tinn, Lassie and Old Yeller just to name a few never lived long enough to profit from their fame via the autograph circuit.

I tried to do a private signing with the racehorse SECRETARIAT once , I was printing up some fancy heavy stock limited edition gold embossed tiles and a large ink pad for him to leave a hoof print on. And when I contacted the stable it took me 30 minutes to convince them I was serious ...:) and after that they told me I was not going to get within a mile of the most famous race horse in history for ANY amount of money.

They explained to me that while he WAS retired he had a lucrative "side job" breeding to mares that paid almost $200,000 for every "romp in the hay" and unless I wanted to "pony up" a lot of greenbacks they didn't want to risk injury with my stupid "hoof print" idea...:), Hey I tried and it seemed like a good idea at the time

stinsonsports.com

isaac2004
07-29-2013, 03:07 PM
Sadly Cheetah's autograph has not increased dramatically in the volatile autograph market and sells for around $75.00-$100.00. As a consolation though his autograph is still the most pricy of all animals , Its too bad Rinn Tinn Tinn, Lassie and Old Yeller just to name a few never lived long enough to profit from their fame via the autograph circuit.

I tried to do a private signing with the racehorse SECRETARIAT once , I was printing up some fancy heavy stock limited edition gold embossed tiles and a large ink pad for him to leave a hoof print on. And when I contacted the stable it took me 30 minutes to convince them I was serious ...:) and after that they told me I was not going to get within a mile of the most famous race horse in history for ANY amount of money.

They explained to me that while he WAS retired he had a lucrative "side job" breeding to mares that paid almost $200,000 for every "romp in the hay" and unless I wanted to "pony up" a lot of greenbacks they didn't want to risk injury with my stupid "hoof print" idea...:), Hey I tried and it seemed like a good idea at the time

stinsonsports.com

You are quite the wordsmith Jim :)

mr2686
07-29-2013, 03:08 PM

stinsonsports.com

Jim, are you trying to tell us that they were afraid Secretariat would not want to breed if he had writer's cramp?:eek:;)

RichardSimon
07-30-2013, 08:43 AM
You are quite the wordsmith Jim :)

You should go out for beers with him, that is when the fun really starts :D.
And I speak from experience :D.