PDA

View Full Version : Living the jet life...value question

bbcard1
07-24-2013, 10:08 PM
I have been fortunate enough to make a friend in the Boston Red Sox organization. He took me to a "Loyal Rooters" club that is just for sponsors and such. In that room they have autographed baseballs from every world series winning team since 1920. The 27 Yankees was particularly bold but may have been lightly shellacked....what would a collection like that be worth? BTW, they have a blank ball in the 1994 slot. I'll post a shot of the 27 ball with Ruth on the sweet spot tomorrow.

Rob D.
07-25-2013, 02:48 AM
I don't have an answer to your question but am using this venue to try to contact you because you have not responded to two PMs in the past two days. On Tuesday you responded to the following thread in the B/S/T via a PM to me, saying you will buy the Burch card for $19:

http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=172867

After I confirmed that the card is yours to buy, I have not received PayPal payment or received a reply from you. In my PMs I gave the option to pay by check, but you have not asked for my mailing address. So I am asking you here to please pay for the card or let me know that you are not going to buy it.

$19.

bbcard1
07-25-2013, 05:49 AM
I tried to send you a paypal yesterday, which for some reason didn't come through. You kinda look like a dick posting this like this. I also sent you a PM to that effect. When you are dealing with public wifi, it can be spotty, but I really don't appreciate you using this forum for this discourse considering you knew my situation.

---

Update, after checking my paypal assuming your name is Robert D. and your email is ***** payment was made yesterday morning and did go though and apparently you didn't see it. Which makes me doubly not appreciate your post.

RelicSports
07-25-2013, 06:24 AM
I would love to see your photo of the 1927 ball! I have no idea what it would be worth, and figure it would depend on the quality/condition of the balls/signatures...but would have to be a pretty penny

Rob D.
07-25-2013, 06:27 AM
Thanks for responding, Todd, and for your classy post.

If a PayPal payment shows up from you, I'll refund it. I see only headaches dealing with you.

As for me posting here to get your attention, next time try answering a PM. Had you done that, all this could have been avoided.

Edited to add: Payment appeared in my account this morning. Refund issued at 10:40 a.m.

bbcard1
07-25-2013, 08:54 AM
Agreed. I will not encumber you with further business. Good luck.