PDA

View Full Version : Hake's Pick-Ups

bcbgcbrcb
07-24-2013, 09:15 AM
Anyone pick up any nice items last night in Hake's Auction?

I was happy with my two wins, the 1915 NY Lincoln team photo & 1924 Tomas Gutierrez MLB Album.

Kenny Cole
07-24-2013, 11:05 AM
I picked up the framed Santop batting photo.

bcbgcbrcb
07-24-2013, 11:09 AM
Nice, Kenny. I went back and forth bewteen that one and the Lincoln photo but ended up settling for the Lincoln. Also, went after the '22 St. Louis photo but the price got too steep for me.

h2oya311
07-24-2013, 11:19 AM
Nice Kenny! I was under bidder on that one. Pretty cool that it shows Santop in a Philadelphia Giants uniform, which was one of his earliest teams he played for. Most sites only reference that he played for the team through 1910 although the item is from 1911, the year he moved on to play for the NY Lincoln Giants.

I was also, disappointingly, one of the under bidders on Phil's 1909 Leland Giants Program. What a nice profit you made on that one Phil!!!

I did come up with a consolation prize of the 1949-50 Toleteros Leon Day. I am quite pleased w/ the price, given how awesome the front of that card looks. Heck, even the back doesn't look half bad for an SGC 20!!!

Stayed up way too late to end up losing the Program though. Bah Humbug!

sayhey24
07-24-2013, 06:07 PM
I was happy to snag two pinbacks I haven't seen before --

Greg

matthew
07-24-2013, 08:47 PM
Does this policy better serve consignors, bidders, or neither? Very confusing.

http://www.hakes.com/closingprocedure.asp

Auction Closing Procedure
IMPORTANT

TELEPHONE/INTERNET BIDDING PROCEDURE FOR THIS AUCTION

3-HOUR COMPUTER CLOCK STARTS RUNNING ON:
•TUESDAY'S AUCTION AT 10 PM (EASTERN TIME) TUESDAY
•WEDNESDAY'S AUCTION AT 9 AM (EASTERN TIME) THURSDAY
To conclude the phone and internet bidding on Tuesday's and Wednesday's auctions, we begin a 3-hour computer clock that monitors the high bid on each separate auction item. On Tuesday's auction the clock begins at 10 P.M. (Eastern) Tuesday night. On Wednesday's auction the clock begins at 9 A.M. (Eastern) Thursday morning.

Once the computer clock begins, and 3 hours pass without a bid increase on a particular item, that item is declared "sold" to the current high bidder. No further bids are accepted on that item. During this 3 hour period, if a bid is raised on a particular item, the clock resets back to a fresh 3 hour time limit. Items whose clock has not expired are still "open" for bids. They remain "open" for up to 3 hours since a bid has been placed, or until the entire auction is declared closed, whichever comes first.

The final phase in concluding the phone and internet bidding starts when the original 3 hour clock expires. For Tuesday's auction this occurs at 1 A.M. (Eastern) Wednesday morning. For Wednesday's auction this occurs at 12 noon (Eastern) Thursday. At this point, approximately 75% of the items will suddenly be declared sold to the high bidders. Approximately 25% of the items remain "open" for bids. After this point, various items begin to close without warning when their individual computer clocks expire upon 3 hours of no bid activity.

We now begin a separate timer on the entire auction. Bids are accepted on any of the still "open" items until a 10 minute period passes during which there is no increase of any bid. Telephone calls to check bids that do not result in a raised bid do not start a new 10 minute cycle. When 10 minutes pass with no bid increase on any item, the entire auction is declared closed. Invoices are mailed to all participants on the Saturday following the auction.

btcarfagno
07-24-2013, 08:59 PM
Was the under bidder on the Oms passport + work visa lot. Did get one of the signed team balls (the one with Curt Roberts) and the team signed autograph album.

Tom C

aljurgela
07-24-2013, 09:41 PM
I had to overpay for the Oms passport given your late night bid!! I also got the 1934 Monarchs photo and the UNC set with DiHigo. Lost the Day late night as well.... agree that the 20 looked much better than the grade.... Good auction.

Al

btcarfagno
07-25-2013, 06:05 PM
I had to overpay for the Oms passport given your late night bid!! I also got the 1934 Monarchs photo and the UNC set with DiHigo. Lost the Day late night as well.... agree that the 20 looked much better than the grade.... Good auction.

Al

Serves you right!

If he makes the Hall you will be just fine with what you paid.

Tom C