PDA

View Full Version : Is it just me, or did ebay make another pointless change?

perezfan
07-21-2013, 12:42 PM
nm... not worth discussing

thecatspajamas
07-21-2013, 01:08 PM
Not sure which one you're referring to, but my guess is, it's not just you. There have been plenty of pointless changes of late :p

Big Dave
07-21-2013, 02:31 PM
Ebay once had a good thing, in the late 90s..early 2000s....but they have completely screwed that up and the result is this cluster f***

toyman55
07-21-2013, 03:17 PM
Ebay once had a good thing, in the late 90s..early 2000s....but they have completely screwed that up and the result is this cluster f***

If you mean their ridiculous high % for seller fees and now charging a fee for shipping your right. I see more people doing "buy it now" listings than auctions which is where Ebay got it's roots from.

For what it's worth though they have no competition.

NewEnglandBaseBallist
07-21-2013, 06:12 PM
Ebay is the process of imploding and unfortunately, we've all got a front row seat.

perezfan
07-21-2013, 06:27 PM
Well, it's kind of depressing that I get more responses when I delete my entire post, than when I'm attempting to make a brilliant observation :o

Anyway, Yes... the ever-increasing fees and astounding number of unrealistic BINs have ruined what was a very good thing. The dwindling number of "real" auctions is alarming and depressing.

As for their fees, I've stopped selling there. With their escalating Listing and PayPal fees, it is now actually cheaper to consign with the likes of Mears, SCP, Legendary and REA (all of whom realize better prices as well). Plus, they do all the work!

4scuda
07-22-2013, 06:47 PM
I must be one of the only dumb people selling via auction on ebay. I am finding you better start the auction at the least you will take, cause its unlikely you will have a flurry of bidding.

thecatspajamas
07-22-2013, 07:41 PM
I must be one of the only dumb people selling via auction on ebay. I am finding you better start the auction at the least you will take, cause its unlikely you will have a flurry of bidding.

Mark,
You're not the only dumb one. I'm right there with you on a weekly basis :p I feel your pain though, and long for the halcyon days of yore when you could start everything at 99-cents and trust that there would be enough eyes on it, regardless of what it was, that the final bidding would somewhat resemble "market value."

slidekellyslide
07-22-2013, 08:25 PM
Mark,
You're not the only dumb one. I'm right there with you on a weekly basis :p I feel your pain though, and long for the halcyon days of yore when you could start everything at 99-cents and trust that there would be enough eyes on it, regardless of what it was, that the final bidding would somewhat resemble "market value."

I list a lot of postcards on ebay (non baseball) and I see sellers getting only 99 cents for postcards that I get $10 or more for. I don't know why anyone starts an item at 99 cents unless it's a surefire sell.