PDA

View Full Version : Archival bags for slabbed T201s and T202s

the 'stache
07-20-2013, 01:36 PM
Sycks22 was kind enough to send me a T202 card graded by SGC, and the slab is considerably larger than the standard size. I want to make sure that the slab does not get scratched up, but for the life of me, I cannot find a graded card bag that would fit it. It seems there's only one size.

Do any of you know where I could buy a slightly larger graded card bag? Or, do you have another method of protecting the slab? I suppose I could always use something like press and seal saran wrap, but that wouldn't do much for the display of the card.

Thanks for the input guys. I'm a little surprised there's not an easier solution.

bobbyw8469
07-20-2013, 02:02 PM
Heritage sometimes sends stuff in these smaller ziplock baggies. With an odd, larger size, you might have to go that route, and just fold it over and tape it off, once you get it nice and snug.

Marslife
07-20-2013, 02:57 PM
Hey All!

I am a T201 guy and have a few T202's. I found these bags work nice, they are longer than neccesary and a bit pricey but they are 2.5 mil and archival. T202's and T201 SGC holders fit them nice and snugly. there is no flap so I use a piece of blue tape on the back.

https://www.bagsunlimited.com/p-4481-timetable-sleeve.aspx?keyword=stt25

bagsunlimited.com timetable sleeves:
4-3/8 x 10" 2.5 mil POLYETHYLENE
NO flap.

SKU: stt25

hope this helps.

RGold
07-20-2013, 03:06 PM
gtbag.com :D:D:D

the 'stache
07-20-2013, 03:28 PM
Heritage sometimes sends stuff in these smaller ziplock baggies. With an odd, larger size, you might have to go that route, and just fold it over and tape it off, once you get it nice and snug.

Robert, I've yet to participate in any Heritage auctions (though I will; I like HA very much, and subscribe to their Intelligent Collector magazine. They're here in Dallas). I will pay special attention to the bags they use in the future when I get shipments.

Hey All!

I am a T201 guy and have a few T202's. I found these bags work nice, they are longer than neccesary and a bit pricey but they are 2.5 mil and archival. T202's and T201 SGC holders fit them nice and snugly. there is no flap so I use a piece of blue tape on the back.

NO flap.

hope this helps.

Cliff, that is most helpful. I'm working on some initial ideas to develop a website with as much information on the baseball card hobby as possible, everything from spotting fakes and cracked slabs...to storing and protecting collections. I've bookmarked this site. Knowing that there will be a need for several different sized bags (of archival quality), I expect I will be looking to them a lot. Thank you!

gtbag.com :D:D:D

Ronald, another great suggestion. Thank you!!! I love having multiple options.

I really love Net 54. If I can't find an answer to my hobby related questions here, the answer doesn't exist.

Thank you, gentlemen, for your help! It is much appreciated.

the 'stache
05-31-2014, 02:14 AM
A big thank you to Cliff (Marslife) for his recommendation. I know it's been ten months since this discussion, but I just now got around to ordering from Bags Unlimited. These are a bit pricey at $13.30 for 100, plus about $5.30 for shipping. But they're absolutely perfect for keeping my graded T202 slabs clean and scratch proof:

http://imageshack.com/a/img845/5207/vimmd.jpg

The bags fit snugly around the PSA slabs. The SGC slabs have a little less than a centimeter slack. The bags are about 3 inches long, so I'm just folding those over and taping them shut with blue painter's tape as Cliff recommended.

The bags came with a full catalog of all their archive quality bags/containers, etc. I'm betting that they have the perfect solution for storing T3s, Sporting News Supplements, etc.

Hey All!

NO flap.

hope this helps.

Marslife
06-01-2014, 06:46 PM
Glad to help Bill! I am glad you re-posted this, I ran out and just reordered!