PDA

View Full Version : Buyer beware of ebay seller

ezez420
07-18-2013, 11:20 AM
I just bought a 1954 Red Heart Mickey Mantle Rookie PSA 8. Paid the seller right away. Three days later he states he can't find his $1000+ card and refunds my money. Guy resold the card to another buyer after the fact.

pawpawdiv9
07-18-2013, 11:31 AM
i looked at his feedback..
notice he sells coins and sold a 52 #311 RC mantle PSA4 for $10,300.00
and a 1955 Bowman #202 Mantle PSA 8 Centered for $1,851.99
I would liked to seen the Red Heart auction?
nm i found the item #
listing: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=121143575632

vintagetoppsguy
07-18-2013, 11:32 AM
I have to ask, how do you know he sold it to someone else?

pawpawdiv9
07-18-2013, 11:45 AM
also...the pics were of the 54 Red Heart, but the description was 52 Bowman.
Maybe he just mis-placed it? Like VTG said, how do you know he did sell it?

ezez420
07-18-2013, 11:54 AM
How do you misplace an $1150 card after you take pictures of it to list in an auction? He had 7 offers on the table. He has also failed to return any calls or answer emails. Maybe because the card sells for $1850 as a PSA 8. He had the PSA 8 1952 Bowman in another separate listing.

vintagetoppsguy
07-18-2013, 12:12 PM
How do you misplace an $1150 card after you take pictures of it to list in an auction? He had 7 offers on the table. He has also failed to return any calls or answer emails. Maybe because the card sells for $1850 as a PSA 8. He had the PSA 8 1952 Bowman in another separate listing.

There are several factors that you're not considering. First, I don't see where he had 7 previous offers. But for the sake of argument, lets say he did. Look at his feedback. He doesn't sell much. Including your purchase, he's sold 4 items in the last 5 months. Here's my point. Even if he had 7 previous offers, perhaps he sold or traded the card and just forgot to remove it from eBay. Was this a best offer sale or just a regular BIN?

I recently did a large trade with a fellow board member. I traded 1 card, got 5 in return. He forgot to remove one of the 5 from his eBay store. I noticed it when I was browsing eBay. I sent him a message to let him know of his mistake. But what would have happened if another eBayer would have bought that card? The seller couldn't have delivered it because it was already in my possession.

Or, as stated above, perhaps the listing was a mistake since the description did not match the title. Anyway, I just think there are several things you're not considering that might have happened. Now, if you have proof that he sold it to someone else for a higher amount after you already bought it, then by all means blast him with a negative. But it sounds to me like you're just speculating.

As far as not returning any of your phone calls or emails, I see your point. Then again, it's only been less than 3 days since the purchase and he could be out of town.

ezez420
07-18-2013, 12:23 PM
David,
He stated the day before he would add tracking when he sends out. Never mentioned any issues then received a cancellation notice from paypal stating "sorry can't find the card. sorry for inconvenience". Then hasn't responded any further.

Among the many things Ebay has removed recently, they have removed the viewing of offers on an item too but there were 7offers. So being an very honest buyer and sometimes seller, I don't take this stuff lightly and call people out on it.