PDA

View Full Version : T206 Speaker color variation?

paul
07-17-2013, 07:49 PM
I don't usually get wrapped up in the details of the T206 set, but this Speaker really intrigued me. The blue background is much darker and richer, and well blue-er, than any other T206 Speaker I've seen. I know some people collect "orange" background cards that are supposed to be red. Is this Speaker a similar variation? Or is the difference between this Speaker and an ordinary Speaker too subtle? It looks pretty dramatic to me.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/330952786035?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Cardboard Junkie
07-17-2013, 07:54 PM
Trouble is with scans is they can be wildly manipulated. I suspect that is the case with that Speaker. There are of course shade variations and some missing color....that one just looks "neon". It's in hand color is probably much more what you might expect. :) Dave.

mrvster
07-17-2013, 07:56 PM
just a richer blue background.....but, the magenta ink was drying up I think on this sheet....:confused:

thehoodedcoder
07-17-2013, 07:58 PM
agreed....the red ink was fading in "boston". a couple more runs and this would have been a great card.

kevin

mrvster
07-17-2013, 08:05 PM
+ 1......more evident in the contrast with the rich background color....

I think you really have a great niche with the missing magentas...great angle and you will be our resident "missing Magenta" sleuth/guru soon.....if not already.....keep up the good search my friend:)