PDA

View Full Version : Have Fun At THE National Everyone

mrvster
07-17-2013, 07:36 PM
Hello All,

Just wanted to wish everyone a great time at the National If you are going.....I will be there in spirit......I will make the A/C convention in 2016, not sure about the ones before that..... so look forward to meeting all of you then....I would be searching for T206 scrap if I was going to this National.....as I'm sure you all know and are sick of hearing about:o....

I hope you find, buy, sell, trade what pieces you are all looking for...Enjoy the comraderie...and Leon's dinner....

Have a brew on me...and GET ER DONE:D

Peace

John Vanderbeck

the 'stache
07-17-2013, 07:41 PM
I echo your sentiment, John. I won't be able to make it this year, as much as I'd like. But I, too, will be there in spirit.

I hope for many pictures.

Have a great time, everybody!!

Sean
07-17-2013, 09:43 PM
I can't make it either guys. That Drum purchase that I made last month exhausted my budget for the rest of the year. I'll see you guys in 2015, however.
I hope you all have a great time in Chicago. :)

deadballfreaK
07-17-2013, 10:09 PM
I live in Illinois, but I won't attend. Frankly I am retired. My resources are limited and hotel bills, driving expenses, etc. aren't in my budget. Saving my few bucks for cardboard! :o

brewcrewfan77
07-18-2013, 05:42 AM
I envy all of you that get to go to National. Being so close to it; only 90 miles up the road but being unable to go is just eating me up. Had plans to go but then we're closing on our first home that weekend so I don't think the wife would like it if I leave her to do all the moving. :D

tschock
07-18-2013, 06:57 AM
Had plans to go but then we're closing on our first home that weekend so I don't think the wife would like it if I leave her to do all the moving. :D

Congrats on the first home! :)
Now you will have (at least) 2 things to throw money at. ;)

honus94566
07-18-2013, 10:31 AM
I have a national question I am hoping somebody can answer. How do you pay for stuff? Do most all the vendors take credit cards at their booths, or is cash the way to go? I don't know that I will buy much at all, but if I do I don't want to be in a situation where they don't take cards yet the ATM is limited to $300 or so. Any advice here?

Gobucsmagic74
07-18-2013, 11:09 AM
I have a national question I am hoping somebody can answer. How do you pay for stuff? Do most all the vendors take credit cards at their booths, or is cash the way to go? I don't know that I will buy much at all, but if I do I don't want to be in a situation where they don't take cards yet the ATM is limited to $300 or so. Any advice here?

Cash always works, but I would think many vendors would accept paypal

SMPEP
07-18-2013, 11:28 AM
Two years ago, I had to pay for everything in cash.

And my advice - bring at least twice as much as you plan to spend! I left with nothing in my pockets. Well outside of cardboard that is.

Cheers,
Patrick

brewcrewfan77
07-18-2013, 11:41 AM
Congrats on the first home! :)
Now you will have (at least) 2 things to throw money at. ;)

Thanks. I had a feeling the whole "OK honey, I know we just put down a few hundred thousand but would you mind me buying a few thousand dollars in cards" talk wouldn't work in my favor.

Jewish-collector
07-18-2013, 01:06 PM
I agree with Patrick. If you intended to bring $5,000, bring $10,000 insteadhttp://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-eatdrink004.gif