PDA

View Full Version : The JSA Joe Louis follies, held over by popular demand!

travrosty
07-15-2013, 03:36 PM
JSA has gotten so good at Joe Louis' autograph, that they certify "authentic" examples that myself and others in the hobby with 20+ years experience specifically in boxing cannot identify as real. That's how good they are.

We have very deep, specifically sorted and organized exemplar files that we thought were second to none, but since JSA certs these Joe Louis autographs as real, we must admit we are whipped when it comes to exemplars and we wonder what scores and scores of additional Louis exemplars they must have that we do not that can confirm these Louis signatures that we previously had no knowledge of.

We always thought that the J in Joe always started at a downward motion, but JSA insists that an upward motion start on the J makes it a real Joe Louis autograph. They also insist that the o in Louis looks like a conventional o when us 'greenhorns' always thought that the o looked like an a when Joe wrote it down.

Boy we were fooled. I really have to hand it to JSA. They don't even specialize in boxing and they seem to be miles ahead of anyone else certifying these new type Louis autographs that no one else had previous knowledge of. I need to schedule a training session with them, so I too, can spot these type of Louis autographs and learn from the guys who gave us the
atypical Luis Firpo and the Tom Sayers boxing autograph with no exemplars.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/360694166380?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

http://www.hakes.com/item.asp?Auction=209&ItemNo=122348

shelly
07-15-2013, 05:36 PM
Travis, how many times do you have to prove that Psa or Spence have there head up there a-s when it comes to boxing. You have to stop.:mad:

David Atkatz
07-15-2013, 05:52 PM
Shelly, don't you think it should be JSA/PSA who have to stop?

Big Dave
07-15-2013, 05:59 PM
+1000

ibuysportsephemera
07-15-2013, 06:58 PM
Do you know what I have learned watching you guys bicker... NEVER BUY AN AUTOGRAPH AGAIN! None of you can say with certainty if an autograph is authentic or not if it wasn't obtained in person.

Have fun bickering with each other.

thetruthisoutthere
07-15-2013, 07:36 PM
Do you know what I have learned watching you guys bicker... NEVER BUY AN AUTOGRAPH AGAIN! None of you can say with certainty if an autograph is authentic or not if it wasn't obtained in person.

I assume you are speaking in reference to yourself.

shelly
07-15-2013, 08:00 PM

It was a statment of fact. No bickering. The tpa's have no idea what they are doing with boxing autographs. I was just saying that you can how many times do have to say it before it becomes overkill.
Your other statement is total crap and you know it.

travrosty
07-15-2013, 08:39 PM
the coa even says the inscription was done in the hand of louis, but it doesnt even come close to a louis inscription.

mike root and larry arent there, can't blame them, maybe its just some other guy that is doing this to the beloved boxing autograph hobby. wonder who that would be? He claims 7 people must look at each autograph, and 5 must agree? Who's looking at them? how are they scoring these autographs? The world may never know.

travrosty
07-16-2013, 11:34 AM
Shelly, don't you think it should be JSA/PSA who have to stop?

That's what I say. the ones perpetrating the travesty's has to stop. Not travrosty, he didnt do anything wrong.