PDA

View Full Version : What happened to Larry? JSA

travrosty
07-14-2013, 01:02 PM
Just wondering, I don't see Larry Studebaker photo and bio on jsa's website anymore. Does anybody know what happened to him?

For people who remember faces better than names, it is this guy.

daves_resale_shop
07-14-2013, 01:19 PM
Studebaker left in the fall, but they still kept his bio up... To my knowledge he went to work for a Canadian authentication company that does primarily hockey

travrosty
07-14-2013, 01:43 PM
Studenaker left in the fall, but they still kept his bio up... To my knowledge he went to work for a Canadian authentication company that does primarily hockey

okay, thank you.

thetruthisoutthere
07-14-2013, 05:22 PM
Sgc.

travrosty
07-14-2013, 05:37 PM
that was my theory, sgc. maybe m. root can come and confirm. he is a member here. sgc not far away from jsa so the most logical fit.

HOFAUTOS
07-15-2013, 02:43 PM
I talked to SGC the other day and they confirmed he's employed by them now.

Mike Root was the only one doing authentication until they hired Larry.

travrosty
07-15-2013, 03:27 PM
I talked to SGC the other day and they confirmed he's employed by them now.

Mike Root was the only one doing authentication until they hired Larry.

Their website says that they have consultant authenticators, well who are they if they didnt have any other employees other than root?

i asked root who is doing the authenticating and he wouldnt say, since they dont sign their coa's at all, and don't have an authenticator's page listing who is on their staff and their experience, then it suffices to say we really don't know who is on staff and who is authenticating the autographs.

I thought 6 months would be a reasonable amount of time to put up an authenticators page, but i guess it's a difficult task.

Maybe M. Root, who is a member here, can shed light on the situation.

7nohitter
07-15-2013, 03:36 PM
indeed

daves_resale_shop
07-15-2013, 04:46 PM
I think the name of the company that he was working was called KSA... Perhaps this was stop gap for him while JSA got their practice up and running...

M Root
07-16-2013, 10:26 AM
I can confirm that Larry Studebaker is now authenticating for us a SGC Authentic

travrosty
07-16-2013, 10:35 AM
I can confirm that Larry Studebaker is now authenticating for us a SGC Authentic

Thank you Mike, can you confirm who the consultant authenticators are and will you be putting up an authenticator's page in the near future so customers can see who is authenticating for sgc and see their relevant bio and experience in the autograph authentication field?