PDA

View Full Version : Thursday Night Deep Dish Pizza At The National

toppcat
07-12-2013, 03:45 PM
I don't know how many folks are not going to the Cubs game on National Thursday but I put out feelers over on the Net54 Non Sports board about a deep dish pizza dinner that night on the theory a lot of folks here are going to the Cubs game and Alan suggested I post here as well (good idea Alan). Really envisioning just a low key excursion as close as possible to the Convention Center and a place where we might be able to have an adult beverage as well.

I won't clog up a thread so please PM me if interested. I will take recommendations on venue for sure and want to make arrangements real soon.

Update: I got a recommendation from a foodie friend who recommends this joint, about a half mile from the CC: http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g36630-d429555-Reviews-Giordano_s-Rosemont_Illinois.html

T205 GB
07-12-2013, 04:35 PM
Dave it seems the last 3 yrs we have had a small gathering of guys get together on wednesday or thursday night so this sounds great. I can attest to the awesome pizza there. Had it for lunch 2 yrs ago with a nice icy beverage or 2. Hopefully some more guys will want to join. The group gets bigger each yr.

Rich Klein
07-12-2013, 07:19 PM
Dave -- PM me and I'll give you my cell phone # and well chat a bit more

Jewish-collector
07-14-2013, 01:00 PM
That Pizza place, Giordano, is very good. A bunch of us ate there last time the National was in Chicago.

atx840
07-14-2013, 01:18 PM
I'm game :)

Bocabirdman
07-15-2013, 01:36 PM
I will not be able to get to the National this year. Does a pizza night mean that I can look forward to some marinara-stained cards on the BST when you guys get home? I know you won't be able to resist showing off your newest aquisitions to each other. Pizza + Beer + Cards =:eek::eek::eek::D