PDA

View Full Version : Question about E92 Dockman & Sons..

hoshua4710
07-11-2013, 04:31 PM
So I havent researched much into the E92's but I have started gaining some interest in them. The only subset that i have found SMR values for are the Nadja's but i cant seem to find SMR values for the other E92's. Is there a considerable difference in value between say Dockman & Sons and Nadja? There is a Dockman and Sons Sam Crawford Im looking at right and im wondering if i can just use the Nadja SMR as a price reference. Any help would be great, thanks!

-Josh B.

T206Collector
07-11-2013, 04:39 PM
This will give you the value multipliers of the different backs...

http://www.oldcardboard.com/e/e1/e092/e92.asp?cardsetID=732

Leon
07-11-2013, 04:43 PM
This will give you the value multipliers of the different backs...

http://www.oldcardboard.com/e/e1/e092/e92.asp?cardsetID=732

Most collectors I know will pay more for Crofts Candy cards than Dockmans. I know I will. Otherwise those multipliers are probably close. Also, the Nadjas from St. Louis won't be 2.5x, they will mostly be less. And lastly the blue or red backed Croft Candy cards are considerably more than the others. (and aren't listed)

To answer the question specifically, any Nadja not from St. Louis will be quite a bit more than a Dockman. There was a large St. Louis Nadja find, 20-30 yrs ago, and those are probably close to the same as Dockmans.

hoshua4710
07-11-2013, 05:06 PM
Thanks for the help guys! So I guess when im looking at the Nadja SMR value for lets say a PSA 5 Bresnahan for example. The SMR is around $900, but since it a St. Louis card you would expect it to sell for a lot less than that?

x2drich2000
07-11-2013, 06:15 PM
Bresnahan is not a great example of the price differences between the backs since he is only found with a Nadja back, plus the SMR is way off on that card. I just got a PSA 5 for $360 and another was offered here for $350. Be patient and you'll find this card again around that price. The 12 st Louis cards are by far the easiest Nadja to get and they are only found in the Nadja set.

I'm current working on the Nadja set and can tell you there is quite a difference between individual players as far as the price multiplier. For some, 2.5x is probably about right, for others it won't be close. There are some cards such as Evers that I would gladly pay double the SMR for as they simply do not come up for sale. Also, to give you some prospective, since January I've been buying all the non-st Louis Nadja I could find and have only acquired about 8 different.

If you have any other questions on the Nadja let me know and I'll try to help you.

DJ