PDA

View Full Version : The Dr Steen Autograph Collection

slidekellyslide
07-10-2013, 09:46 AM
Recently a seller on ebay started auctioning off a collection of signed letters that the original owner obtained through the mail around 1939-1942 including some of the biggest names in baseball history..I acquired about 30 of them which was probably a little less than half that he made available.

The seller is easily the nicest I have ever dealt with on ebay and he even threw in extras every time I made a purchase...some of the throw ins were better than the actual auction item. These Bobby Byrne letters were throw ins in the last lot I purchased.

slidekellyslide
07-10-2013, 09:54 AM
Another one of the freebies include a Napoleon Lajoie...why couldn't he have just signed this at the end????

slidekellyslide
07-10-2013, 09:57 AM
And this one sent to the wrong fellow, but interesting still...he says he played some professional ball, but he was not good enough for the Yankees.

slidekellyslide
07-10-2013, 09:58 AM
And one from Heinie Zimmerman's wife...her Zimmerman looks an awful lot like some of the Zimmerman's out there for sale.

jgmp123
07-10-2013, 11:13 AM
Here are a few that I have in my collection...

Zach Wheat
John Mize
Edd Roush
Harry Hooper
Billy Herman

7nohitter
07-10-2013, 12:08 PM
I love these Steen letters...but one curiosity...why in the world does he address the reader as "Dear Lajoie" "Dear Cobb"

a little odd....any explanation?

slidekellyslide
07-10-2013, 12:11 PM
I love these Steen letters...but one curiosity...why in the world does he address the reader as "Dear Lajoie" "Dear Cobb"

a little odd....any explanation?

I found that to be odd too...I would think if one were going to address someone by their last name they would put a "Mr" in front of it.