PDA

View Full Version : Kendrick Collection at the National

Boccabella
07-09-2013, 06:41 AM
A chunk of Ken Kendrick's 'Dbacks Collection' will be on display at the NSCC. T206 PSA 8 Plank, PSA 9 1915 Cracker Jack, Jackson RC, PSA 10 '52 Topps Mantle, etc., etc. Here's a peek: http://www.sportscollectorsdaily.com/memory-lane-to-display-dbacks-collection-of-rare-high-grade-cards-at-nscc/

g_vezina_c55
07-09-2013, 07:11 AM
Wow a lot of nice card...
The PSA 8 Plank is amazing.
Anyone know the past of this card ?
It is a real PSA 8 or the card have a past story like the psa 8 wagner :)
Anyway this card is stuning, last sale of this card is in 1999 for 203 992$ at mastro auction and i am curious about how much this card will bring if the card will be at auction in the futur....

Thanks for posting this LINK

Gmrson
07-09-2013, 07:13 AM
One of the great things I like about the National are these displays. My work blocked the link, and I'm sort of glad just in case there were pics. :)

Jewish-collector
07-09-2013, 07:16 AM
Looking forward to seeing them. Maybe they will have reprint cards to give out. :D

Bosox Blair
07-09-2013, 11:18 AM
Maybe they will have reprint cards to give out. :D

Hi Alan,

PSA is giving out fantasy 1915 CJ Babe Ruths in special numbered PSA holders to the first few hundred people to renew/join the collector's club at the National.

Cheers,
Blair

WhenItWasAHobby
07-09-2013, 11:40 AM
I find it interesting that the owner chose not to display the T-206 Wagner "PSA 8" as a part of the exhibit.

MBMiller25
07-09-2013, 12:45 PM
I find it interesting that the owner chose not to display the T-206 Wagner "PSA 8" as a part of the exhibit.

I was thinking the exact same thing. I will enjoy viewing the cards he has elected to display.

Leon
07-09-2013, 12:48 PM

Probably just didn't want any controversy with all that is going on. I don't blame him. It's kind of like bringing an argument to a party. It's best just left at home. The card will probably, eventually will make the rounds again. It's still the best looking Wags in the hobby.

wonkaticket
07-09-2013, 01:30 PM
Amazing collection.

Cardboard Junkie
07-09-2013, 01:50 PM
Probably just didn't want any controversy with all that is going on. I don't blame him. It's kind of like bringing an argument to a party. It's best just left at home. The card will probably, eventually will make the rounds again. It's still the best looking Wags in the hobby.

Well, Leon, I have to say I agree with the "argument to a party" statement of yours, but I disagree with it being "..the best looking Wagz in the hobby.".
It's trimmed, by admission of Mastro. It is not a complete card. I think, (and I believe many would agree) that a handfull of the vg to excellent Wagz are more attractive. I personally like the "jumbo one" and the copy that one of our illustrious board members has. I do however respect your opinion. Your buddy, Dave:)

barrysloate
07-09-2013, 01:52 PM
It is the best looking Wagner in the hobby, but...all trimmed cards are great looking. That's why they trim them- to make them look better than they really are. Hence, the problem.

wonkaticket
07-09-2013, 02:01 PM
It is the best looking Wagner in the hobby, but...all trimmed cards are great looking. That's why they trim them- to make them look better than they really are. Hence, the problem.

+1 I can think a few others that don't come with the baggage this card has that are pretty darn amazing.

Cardboard Junkie
07-09-2013, 02:10 PM
+1 I can think a few others that don't come with the baggage this card has that are pretty darn amazing.

Yes! And the baggage, (that some call provenance) really smells more like garbage. Dave.

Leon
07-09-2013, 02:10 PM

The centering is great. The focus is great. There isn't a minute wrinkle anywhere. The borders are still as full as most T206s. If I put that card next to any other Wagner it looks better, to me. Would it be my first choice of one, no. But saying it doesn't at least present better than any other is wrong, imo. Show me another that has better aesthetics. And putting the Jumbo Wags up next to it, not even close. That being said the 8 is tainted...but that doesn't take away from the eye appeal.

atx840
07-09-2013, 02:11 PM
Amazing stuff..

I'd love to see the Wags...I haven't seen one in person, or even a Plank....or 99.99% of other card types...starting to get excited to go :cool:

barrysloate
07-09-2013, 02:14 PM
The centering is great. The focus is great. There isn't a minute wrinkle anywhere. The borders are still as full as most T206s. If I put that card next to any other Wagner it looks better, to me. Would it be my first choice of one, no. But saying it doesn't at least present better than any other is wrong, imo. Show me another that has better aesthetics. And putting the Jumbo Wags up next to it, not even close. That being said the 8 is tainted...but that doesn't take away from the eye appeal.

Agreed. Best looking but tainted.

e107collector
07-09-2013, 02:17 PM
The PSA 9 CJ Jackson is stunning.

The 1952 Topps Mantle was graded a PSA 10, but looking at the card, the image is tilted. Still a nice looking example.

Tony