PDA

View Full Version : Need a little advice

SPMIDD
07-07-2013, 10:52 AM
Hello everyone! This was my dad's card and I got it when he passed. He got this card from a pack and it immediately went into a holder. I decided to have it looked at last year at the national show and it only graded a 7. I just wanted it authenticated and put in a slab but they talked me into having it graded. Pretty disappointing to me. Anyway, what should I do? I am thinking of taking it to this years national show and have PSA look at it. What would you do? Thanks, Scott.

Exhibitman
07-07-2013, 11:28 AM
Ask them to redo it with an "A" and your father's name as provenance ("The ----- Collection") as a nicer tribute.

Paul S
07-07-2013, 11:40 AM
What Adam said ^^^
Get what you want done for the card and for yourself and don't let anyone tell you otherwise. It's your card! I can't believe it, TPGs are now advising people of their own (card owner) best interests?:eek:

edited: Oh yeah, great card to be cherished

vintagebaseballcardguy
07-07-2013, 11:54 AM
What Adam said ^^^
Get what you want done for the card and for yourself and don't let anyone tell you otherwise. It's your card! I can't believe it, TPGs are now advising people of their own (card owner) best interests?:eek:

edited: Oh yeah, great card to be cherished

Paul, I agree. This is just another reason why I am starting to return to raw cards. TPG and all that goes with it is going a little overboard IMHO.

vintagetoppsguy
07-07-2013, 12:51 PM
I would leave it as is. Should you ever decide to sell it, the value is in the card itself. The grade is irrelevant.

Bestdj777
07-07-2013, 02:27 PM
I would leave it as is. Should you ever decide to sell it, the value is in the card itself. The grade is irrelevant.

I would also leave it as is. It doesn't sound like you ever plan on selling it, and, who cares what the grade is? The card inside will look the same in an authentic holder as a 7 holder. I wouldn't send anymore money to a grading company on this one.

RCMcKenzie
07-07-2013, 03:33 PM
Looks good to me. I'd also just keep it in that holder.

pepis
07-07-2013, 03:46 PM
Hello everyone! This was my dad's card and I got it when he passed. He got this card from a pack and it immediately went into a holder. I decided to have it looked at last year at the national show and it only graded a 7. I just wanted it authenticated and put in a slab but they talked me into having it graded. Pretty disappointing to me. Anyway, what should I do? I am thinking of taking it to this years national show and have PSA look at it. What would you do? Thanks, Scott.
What you need to understand is that the card came from U.deck w/certification
of the highest level of authentication that exist in the hobby and the only thing you can ask a card grading co to do is grade the card not to authenticate what
is already an undisputed authentic auto from the card co.
the card itself is awesome is an early type signature and unless you can get a grade of 10, the value would be higher as a raw card than any 7 or 8
but if you just cherish the card for what it means to you, just keep it the way it is

SPMIDD
07-09-2013, 03:23 PM
Just want to say thanks to everyone who responded. I am going to keep the card the way it is because I have no intention of ever selling it.

mintacular
07-11-2013, 12:04 AM
Bottom left corner dinged hence the grade

SPMIDD
07-11-2013, 08:43 AM
Mint,

I agree it looks dinged but it really isn't. That is the white lines printed on the card.