PDA

View Full Version : Help anyone know anything about these?

bigfanNY
07-06-2013, 11:18 PM
Please Help bought these as a lot of 9 cards 5 dated 1927 4 dated 1936 Two Gehrig's Two Lazzari"s One Ruth One DiMaggio. All hand cut and I have never seen other examples? Just to be clear NOT FOR SALE really looking just for help in identifying.
Thanks Jonathan

Cardboard Junkie
07-07-2013, 12:41 AM
Can we see the backs please? Dave:)

bigfanNY
07-07-2013, 05:05 AM
Backs are blank and cards are thin cardboard stock

Paul S
07-07-2013, 08:48 AM
How did you decide on a price, not knowing what they are?

Nice items whatever they turn out to be. I'm eager to know.

They do, however, match your floor tile quite nicely :)

bigfanNY
07-07-2013, 12:29 PM
Well first things first they match my kitchen counter not my floor:) Second if I had to know what things were and how much they were worth before I bought them my collection would have been much smaller. In the beginning it was my gut combined with a Burdick guide combined with my limited budget that 3 paper routes provided. I used to have to save up my flea market finds for the two shows a year in the district 61 center and coax knowledge from Hobby pioneers like Paul Pollard, Tom Collier. A friend of my Dads Tommy Ried said I should have a $10 rule...if my gut says yes I should pull the trigger more times than not as long as it was $10 or less...I took that advice and raised my limit over time.. I kept pretty good records but not for these they were purchased between 15 and 25 years ago and put away just pulled them as part of cataloging my collection. Now really hoping someone can help me identifying them..

Regards
Jonathan

Jaybird
07-10-2013, 12:34 PM
Any chance these are newspaper or publication related? For some reason, the writing and text looks like stuff I've seen on photographs used in newspaper articles.

Is the writing written on top or printed on? From the image it looks like it is applied on top of or there was some white paint and then writing on top.

bigfanNY
07-25-2013, 08:11 PM
Hello I will only bump this once and appreciate all the viewers but still no answer as to whet these are . Next step after this is I will submit one to SGC and one to PSA and see what comes back..