PDA

View Full Version : Be careful

GrayGhost
07-06-2013, 09:43 PM
Be careful when dealing with certain people on here. As some of you may know, I am in DESPERATE financial trouble, of a very serious nature and NEED H ELP BAD or a job or else. If anyone out here can somehow have ideas on acct or any decent jobs in Hartford CT area, or a way to make money legally, let me know vis message. THANK YOU TO MY FRIENDS ON NET54

Now, Im only saying this too because I recently had a transaction w someone on here for something that I really need money for, just for a car tire, not nearly what I need

POOR COMMUNICATION and no payment yet. I won't say who on here, but it frustrates me, because When I buy on here, as most of you know, I try and pay right away or I don't buy it. Ive had a couple unfort incidents selling, one w an item that was stolen, or I tossed by mistake and need to make good , tho I got insulted for the whole deal. And an item I legit last that I was shipping, but of course I refunded.

My point is, don't screw people or make it hard for a deal. To some, who have the money and this and that, its prob not a big deal, to others IT IS.

Tao_Moko
07-06-2013, 10:47 PM
Reality check bro, people are people regardless of your hardships.

camlov2
07-06-2013, 11:18 PM
I am sorry that you have had difficulties with regards to transactions here.

I am happy to say that every transaction I have had on this board has been very smooth with regards to the other members I have dealt with.

USPS, that is another story...

Cardboard Junkie
07-06-2013, 11:31 PM
People should be respectful and pay quickly unless it it agreed upon first. Good luck and I hope your situation improves. Dave:)

Cardboard Junkie
07-07-2013, 12:46 AM
Just occurred to me, is he Canadian and does his name start with an "A"? :D

GrayGhost
07-07-2013, 05:46 AM
No, and I'm pretty sure he'll take care of it, just frustrates me is all. Esp now. Plus, the GREAT majority of people Ive dealt with as buyer or seller on here are awesome. This site is the BEST.

johnmh71
07-07-2013, 06:10 AM
Scott:

What is your work background? It would be good to have that information in order for someone to possibly help with the job search.

g_vezina_c55
07-07-2013, 06:33 AM
Scott good luck in finding money or a job...hope the financial futur will be good for you.

Leon
07-07-2013, 07:05 AM
Agreed. Since we are already here let us know what you do and can do, Scott. You never know. This board has wide reaching exposure.

And it doesn't hurt to remind everyone to let me know when/if deals (on the board) go sour. If someone pays a day late, I don't want to know about. If it's weeks late then I do. Everyone should over-communicate on the board and generally follow through with with they say they will. CaVEAT Emptor as always.

Good luck in your quest Scott...

the 'stache
07-07-2013, 09:44 AM
People should be respectful and pay quickly unless it it agreed upon first. Good luck and I hope your situation improves. Dave:)

I echo David's sentiment 100%. Good luck to you, Scott. I hope that you're able to find a great job soon, and that your financial situation improves quickly.

rdwyer
07-07-2013, 10:52 AM
I've had nothing but good transactions here. I hope it stays that way. Hopefully, things turn out good for you. Let us know.

GrayGhost
07-07-2013, 07:09 PM
I am an accountant, 25 years in public. I will take any acct job, even clersks. if it is full time and pays halfway decent. Plus, I can use my good skills w number to do any office work IMO

Plus, I love baseball..any jobs in that? :)

This forum is full of so many awesome people, w these replies and some messages I received THANK YOU ALL AGAIN

T205 GB
07-08-2013, 07:03 AM
Scott if you are willing to relocate then look at Oshgosh for a job. We are hiring like crazy and have many segments nation wide. Let me know if you do and you can use me as a reference.

frankbmd
07-08-2013, 07:12 AM
Scott if you are willing to relocate then look at Oshgosh for a job. We are hiring like crazy and have many segments nation wide. Let me know if you do and you can use me as a reference.

I believe it's Oshkosh as in

Oshkosh B'gosh

and not Oshgosh B'kosh.

Oshkosh is in Wisconsin on Lake Winnebago, not Lake Win-A-Bagel. :D

auggiedoggy
07-08-2013, 08:27 AM
I believe it's Oshkosh as in

Oshkosh B'gosh

and not Oshgosh B'kosh.

Oshkosh is in Wisconsin on Lake Winnebago, not Lake Win-A-Bagel. :D

Are you serious? There's a Lake Winnebago??? :p

rjackson44
07-08-2013, 08:54 AM
scott you always have been a class with me ,you will be fine and wishing you the best ...net 54 is an amazing site and many great people good luck octavio

ethicsprof
07-08-2013, 10:01 AM
wishing you all the best as you seek a position;
you have many of us rooting for you.

barry

GrayGhost
07-08-2013, 11:22 AM
thanks everyone. I can't relocate for a myriad of reasons, mainly financial. So many cool folks