PDA

View Full Version : Fake Mantle On Heritage Auctions

joed25
07-06-2013, 09:42 PM
http://sports.ha.com/c/item.zx?saleNo=151330&lotNo=42081

dapro
07-06-2013, 09:58 PM
Don't they usually only auction of jsa or psa items?

1880nonsports
07-06-2013, 10:01 PM
Pre-Certified Guide Value or Estimate: $400 - $600.

joed25
07-06-2013, 10:20 PM
Don't they usually only auction of jsa or psa items?

No. They call it "pre certified by PSA". But they will refund you if it fails PSA.

Griffins
07-06-2013, 10:38 PM
not to mention that is probably the worst job of knocking out the background of a product ever seen.
Sorry, personal pet peeve.

ATP
07-06-2013, 10:47 PM
I think it looks really bad because they tried to leave the plastic wrap that is covering the ball in the photo, but it makes it look ragged. Nevertheless, still a blatant forgery.

travrosty
07-06-2013, 11:58 PM
No. They call it "pre certified by PSA". But they will refund you if it fails PSA.

precertified by psa means it is GUARANTEED to get a full psa LOA.

thetruthisoutthere
07-07-2013, 05:30 AM
precertified by psa means it is GUARANTEED to get a full psa LOA.

PSA is not going to authenticate that Mantle and I am sure Heritage will pull it.

Odds are that Todd Mueller would approve that Mantle.

johnmh71
07-07-2013, 06:04 AM
That signature is flat out banana awful.

travrosty
07-07-2013, 08:20 AM
PSA is not going to authenticate that Mantle and I am sure Heritage will pull it.

Odds are that Todd Mueller would approve that Mantle.

it says precertified, wonder what that means.

psa and jsa are heritages tpa's and mueller is not even a third party authenticator.

nice try at a deflect though.

if it hasnt been precertified, why does it say precertified?

jhs5120
07-07-2013, 10:50 AM
Someone will buy it, send it to PSA, have it denied, and make a few bucks on their precertification guarantee. Heritage should probably put a little more effort into what the sell.

shelly
07-07-2013, 10:54 AM
That Mantle is from B and J and still has the shrink wrap on it. They sold thousands of those Mantles on Shop At Home.:eek:

travrosty
07-07-2013, 01:13 PM
Someone will buy it, send it to PSA, have it denied, and make a few bucks on their precertification guarantee. Heritage should probably put a little more effort into what the sell.

We are talking about Heritage here.

Plinvestments
07-07-2013, 04:04 PM
Heritage has a bad habit of listing items as pre-certified before PSA looks at them. Once PSA does, and if it doesn't pass, they pull the item.

travrosty
07-07-2013, 04:47 PM
And when you call them on it they ban you. 5 people got the axe last time.

dapro
07-07-2013, 06:29 PM
A little off topic, anyone sold anything on Heritage? How much fee you have to pay for listing on there?

thetruthisoutthere
07-07-2013, 06:40 PM
And when you call them on it they ban you. 5 people got the axe last time.

What do you mean by "got the axe?"

Did they get fired?

travrosty
07-07-2013, 08:00 PM
What do you mean by "got the axe?"

Did they get fired?

their account got the axe. ask mr. simon, he lost his account for helping heritage figure out that auction loa JSA should only be listed if the authentication company ACTUALLY LOOKS AT THE ITEM FIRST! and yes i am yelling.

mighty bombjack
07-07-2013, 08:11 PM
it says precertified, wonder what that means.

psa and jsa are heritages tpa's and mueller is not even a third party authenticator.

nice try at a deflect though.

if it hasnt been precertified, why does it say precertified?

Heritage really shouldn't post items for bid that say pre-certified unless they have actually been pre-certified, but they have done so in the past and said as much on these boards. Has this item actually been pre-certified, or not? We don't know.

It is a blatant forgery. If it stays up, it is another blight on PSA's record. If it comes down, it is a further blight on Heritage. Somebody needs to fix something; it sucks to see bad autos for sale.

RichardSimon
07-08-2013, 09:19 AM
Heritage,
In the hobby language pre certified usually means that some TPA has looked at the item.
Your hobby dictionary seems to be different than anybody else's hobby dictionary.
I agree that PSA probably would not pass that Mantle but why does it say pre certified. By whom? By your staff of experts? That is not what is implied in your ad.

kneerat
07-08-2013, 10:23 AM
Hello,

Each autographed item in our Sunday Internet Sports Auction is entered into our sale as “Pre-Certified” (for administrative purposes) and then goes under review by PSA/DNA. Once they pass the lot we add “PSA/DNA” to the description. If the item fails authentication, it is removed from the auction immediately prior to the auction close. Please keep in mind that we stand behind every lot sold in our auction. Heritage Sports has sold more than 450 Mickey Mantle single signed baseballs which are all available for review in our auction archives, and in addition, each has been authenticated by PSA/DNA or JSA.

Thank you and as always, if you have any question, please feel free to contact me directly.

Chris

travrosty
07-08-2013, 10:55 AM
If it is for 'administrative' purposes, why is the public allowed to see it?

Don't you think if the public sees 'precertified' they might get the impression that the item is 'precertified'.??? So it says precertified, but it's really not.

The money spent preparing the item and photographing it, and uploading it to auction could be spent by having someone who can spot the EASY ones and make sure they don't make it to the website in the first place.

It's up for bids, has a current bid of 8 dollars. You NOW KNOW IT'S FAKE, but it's still on the website, and will remain there until psa let you know? what is going on. You know it's no good! take it down please.

RichardSimon
07-08-2013, 05:29 PM
their account got the axe. ask mr. simon, he lost his account for helping heritage figure out that auction loa JSA should only be listed if the authentication company ACTUALLY LOOKS AT THE ITEM FIRST! and yes i am yelling.

When Heritage posted here they stated that I was banned because I was working for Peter Nash who they stated was the Cooperstown Forger.
As I stated back then, I do not work for Peter Nash. He has asked me for opinions on some autograph items and I have given him those opinions and allowed him to quote me on his blog.
Funny how they would ban me for that (I never bid there anyway, so no real loss) but continue to employ a gentleman who is banned by the Hall of Fame for various "activities." And those activities were witnessed during those activities by a senior hobby individual and the materials in question were witnessed by three senior hobby persons after the activities took place.

travrosty
07-08-2013, 06:50 PM
When Heritage posted here they stated that I was banned because I was working for Peter Nash who they stated was the Cooperstown Forger.
As I stated back then, I do not work for Peter Nash. He has asked me for opinions on some autograph items and I have given him those opinions and allowed him to quote me on his blog.
Funny how they would ban me for that (I never bid there anyway, so no real loss) but continue to employ a gentleman who is banned by the Hall of Fame for various "activities." And those activities were witnessed during those activities by a senior hobby individual and the materials in question were witnessed by three senior hobby persons after the activities took place.

I agree, where is the consistency? looks like the only look into someones activities if it benefits them to do so.

They say I was banned because I abused senior staff. What they didn't tell you is that I sent an email to Steve Ivy, the owner of the whole show, and the so called "abuse" was letting him know that his sports dept. is designating JSA auction loa's when jsa never looked at the item yet, and I considered that to be wrong. I never mentioned anyones name in the sports dept. and i never swore, used any expletives or foul language, and never threatened anyone. I did say that where I come from we consider something that is not true to be a lie.

Banned! But someone is barred from the baseball Hall of Fame library and no big deal, welcome to Heritage. great. I just love Heritage auctions, they send mr. Scheer or Mr. Kneerat but C. Ivy never makes an appearance. He's too important to be bothered. Like the New York Yankees say to George Costanza in the board room "We only wake you for the important meetings!"

earlywynnfan
07-09-2013, 10:05 AM
I know if I were in charge of a gigantic company I'd spend my time debating internet trolls on public forums all day long, especially when they can't even be bothered picking up the phone to call me!
As the Coz would say: "Riiiiight..."

Ken

shelly
07-09-2013, 05:12 PM
I know if I were in charge of a gigantic company I'd spend my time debating internet trolls on public forums all day long, especially when they can't even be bothered picking up the phone to call me!
As the Coz would say: "Riiiiight..."

Ken

I know if I where in charge of a gigantic company I would not be so stupid as to show pieces that are total garbage as pre certified.:eek:

travrosty
07-09-2013, 06:49 PM
I know if I where in charge of a gigantic company I would not be so stupid as to show pieces that are total garbage as pre certified.:eek:

exactly, and we HAVE contacted this guy before and we got the same response. guess what it is?