PDA

View Full Version : E90-1 style artwork not part of the E90-1 set

brianp-beme
07-06-2013, 09:57 AM
Another in a series of increasingly nonrelevant lists. The E90-1 and the various E92 sets have always been linked together (at least in my mind), not only because of the cards that share the same design (the Wagner batting and throwing cards would be examples that are seen in both E90-1 and E92 sets), but also due to the artistic similiarities between the sets. In previous threads I have indicated the sixteen sets that share this artwork. However, if you add the below 37 designs to the 118 different E90-1 cards, you get a complete group of 155 designs that ALL the other sets pull from (the D380 Clement Bread set has some different designs, but heck, those cards are in black and white and just look artistically different from the American Caramel/Dockman grouping). Some might consider the E90-1 set to have 120 designs, due to the caption change (Phila. or Pitts.) on the Clarke card, and the differnt color background (pink or red) of the Keeler portrait card. If so, then there are 157 different designs between all the sets.

E90-1 style artwork in the E92 sets that are not in the E90-1 set:

Barry - batting
Bender - striped hat
Bender - white hat
Bergen
Bridwell - sliding
Casey
Chance - back view
Chase - catching
Cobb - front view
Crawford - red background
Davis - sliding
Devlin
Donovan - arms high
Dooin - batting
Doolan
Doyle - batting
Doyle - throwing
Evers
Hartsel
Jacklitsch
Jennings - leaping
Kleinow
Knabe
Knight - blue background
Lajoie - fielding
Magee
Mathewson - horizontal
McGraw
Miller - batting
Murphy
O'Hara
Schaeffer - horizontal
Schlei
Schmidt
Smith
Tinker - batting
Zimmerman

Brian

edhans
07-07-2013, 09:02 AM
Great compilations, Brian. Maybe when we get done with the T206 virtual set, we can start a Net54 E thread. Interested in your thoughts on how E90-2, E90-3 and the E104s fit into this discussion. The art work is very similar, but those sets don't overlap with the ones we've been discussing.

Leon
07-08-2013, 01:38 PM
Nice compilation Brian. Was there a question or was this only an informational thread? E92s could have a book done on them themselves....I think I might have sold one of these....as I can't find it :confused:. The Davis is in an SGC 60 holder....

brianp-beme
07-08-2013, 01:53 PM
Leon, I guess I am just one of those guys who likes to spread the 'fo' around. And Ed, it is interesting that those other sets share a similiar artistic style (though I think E104 less so than the E90-2 and E90-3), yet did not cross into the other sets. In my ideal bb card world, each of the small caramel sets (E90-1, E92 Dockman, E92 Nadja, E101 etc...) would have had different artwork. How cool that would have been, but alas people like myself have to come up with various lists to make some sense of things.

Brian

Bridwell
07-12-2013, 05:13 PM
Interesting list. The info could lead to new discoveries about the sets. For example, does this tell us anything about the release dates of the various sets? In the past, people have questioned some of the years even of these related sets.