PDA

View Full Version : Delete

bbpostcards
07-05-2013, 10:25 PM
Deleted pending further research.

pencil1974
07-05-2013, 10:31 PM
Don't have anything to add to help but very cool card!

Leon
07-06-2013, 07:22 AM
Never seen any others but it's a cool card.

rhettyeakley
07-06-2013, 10:14 AM
Please do not hammer me for my opinion on this piece, but I believe it is a modern creation where someone took a photo of Wicker from a book or guide and then took a Spalding advertisement of a similar size from a book or guide and sandwiched them together to make a "card". There are just too many things about it that look off and both sides have the look of book pages. Again, this is just my opinion and I obviously am not viewing it in person, but that was my irst instinct when viewing this item. The wear on the edges and corners are the first red flag. Have you taken a black light to it to look for modern adhesives? I believe that early Joe Jackson postcard that was old a few years ago is 100% a similar item but nobody seems to care. I could be wrong as I said, so please dont take offense, but that is what I feel on the item.

Rhys

(NOTE) Rhett was at my house for July 4th and checked the forum and I forgot to log him out so it was not him that wrote this post, just in case people get pissed off about my opinion)

Rhys Yeakley

bbpostcards
07-06-2013, 11:43 AM
Deleted pending further research.