PDA

View Full Version : Some more Joe DiMaggios...opinions needed!

Big Six
07-02-2013, 05:18 PM
I have posted several autographs over on the B/S/T and there has been some interest in several of the lots. Since they have never been submitted to a TPG, there are always the usual questions regarding authenticity. That said, I figured I'd post the Dimaggio's over here since those are the high-dollar items the have generated the most concern.

I was a big TTM guy back in the mid- to late-80's into the early-90's. I wrote to DiMaggio at least 3 times and received back 4 autographs (if memory serves me). Aside from an index card I'm keeping in my personal collection, I've offered the following three items in the B/S/T. I am purely looking for some feedback on these to both give comfort to any potential buyers as well as to determine if they were signed by Joe's sister or someone else (in which case, I would pull them from the B/S/T). Any assistance would be greatly appreciated...as always. Matt

http://www.collectorfocus.com/images/show/BigSix/for-sale/11448/joe-dimaggio-batghttp://www.collectorfocus.com/images/show/BigSix/for-sale/11422/joe-dimaggio-colla-pchttp://www.collectorfocus.com/images/show/BigSix/for-sale/11421/joe-dimaggio-hof-pc

BTW, if Leon or one of the mods frowns on this post, just let me know and I'll remove...I think this is a legit request but don't want to step on any toes!!!

joed25
07-02-2013, 08:37 PM
All are authentic.

Big Six
07-02-2013, 09:32 PM
All are authentic.

Thanks joed25!

7nohitter
07-03-2013, 06:22 AM
Matt-

Those are all TTM? Wow, I'm shocked (in a good way) that they are authentic as I thought Joe would not be 'bothered' by such requests! Did you send any money with the requests?

Glad 'Joe D.' was able to give you some peace of mind!

Andrew

RichardSimon
07-03-2013, 07:51 AM
Joe D., and this is gonna sound strange, was a good through the mail signer, at various times in his life.
In the late 80's I used to write to him once a month and enclose one item and would get it back in a few weeks. These were not sister signed items. They were legit as are the above items.
ps to Andrew,,, no money was involved, during those times money was not involved with any player that I can recall and I was an avid TTM collector then.

Big Six
07-03-2013, 08:13 AM
Joe D., and this is gonna sound strange, was a good through the mail signer, at various times in his life.
In the late 80's I used to write to him once a month and enclose one item and would get it back in a few weeks. These were not sister signed items. They were legit as are the above items.
ps to Andrew,,, no money was involved, during those times money was not involved with any player that I can recall and I was an avid TTM collector then.

Thanks Richard. I remember getting these in the mail and my dad was blown away at the time...he was a Red Sox/Ted Williams guy but he couldn't believe Joe DiMaggio was answering fan mail from his son. Take care...Matt

MooseDog
07-03-2013, 08:20 AM
I'll echo what Richard said. I wrote to Joe D a few of times in the 1970s and in general good ones came back. Once or twice I got the sister-signed, but probably because Joe was out of town at the time.

I got a good Mantle TTM in the 1970s as well.

Totally different time back then.