PDA

View Full Version : What exactly is this? 19th C. Trade card.

ullmandds
06-30-2013, 07:40 AM
I picked up this trade card...dated 1892. I've seen other similar trade cards featuring the "brownies" characters but have not seen this exact one.

Any help on set, rarity, value is appreciated.

1880nonsports
06-30-2013, 09:16 AM
sometimes I wonder what I don't/haven't collected :-( Pretty sure I've owned all six of these. They're fairly tough - market has softened a bit on baseball trade cards despite the cross collectibility as "brownies" - I would say a fair price in VG/x would be 40.-60. for these Keetz designated H804-19's. They are a lot of fun :-) Pretty sure there were some other BB trade cards with brownies as well. I only have about a dozen BB trade cards left and only really looking for 2 of the largest (?) trade cards to complete my set of H804-26 and a nice BLACK and WHITE Tobin........

ullmandds
06-30-2013, 09:45 AM
Gracias!

1880nonsports
06-30-2013, 10:09 AM
Pete - glad you managed to get one of the N43's you need - no small feat. Apparently I find myself on the fence about the Ryan. I think I'm gonna hold off until I get back from the national - thinking perhaps if it holders in a "40" I'll just live with it - as by the time I take the loss and replace it (IF I can find one) it may be a wash. Taking it out and scanning it the other day - the whole situation/card didn't seem as distasteful with the passage of time and the card isn't all that bad. I need one card to complete the set and 2 DOWNGRADES before I put the puppy to bed (cards @ 84 and better often scare me and are much more valuable to OTHERS) - the idea of having to find another Ryan before completing would seem even more daunting.......

1880nonsports
06-30-2013, 10:39 AM
to go to one of my guides - there are four other "Brownie" sets - I would think the most important of which would be the sporting life ones..............

ullmandds
06-30-2013, 12:46 PM
i never realized the sporting life set was a "brownie" set too?!?! i'd hold onto your ryan for now too. while the n43's aren't rare...finding a specific card can take some time. i'm in no rush...I will be 4/6's done when my miller arrives.

thecatspajamas
07-04-2013, 11:34 PM
Trade cards are almost completely foreign to me, and these are the only ones that I own, but since I actually located them again when cleaning up my office this afternoon, I thought I would post them here before the disappear again. Different series, but still featuring the Brownies 'n' Baseball theme.

Beatles Guy
07-05-2013, 12:52 PM
Trade cards are almost completely foreign to me, and these are the only ones that I own, but since I actually located them again when cleaning up my office this afternoon, I thought I would post them here before the disappear again. Different series, but still featuring the Brownies 'n' Baseball theme.

Wow, I don't have any trade cards in my collection, but these are great.