PDA

View Full Version : Please no one buy this..BABE RUTH "PREMIUM...another (the same) fake

Leon
06-28-2013, 07:43 AM
As the winner/recipient of one of these auctions a few years ago, I just want to warn folks not to buy this. It's fake. While there might be 2 different sizes of these this is not one of them. Several weeks ago I emailed this seller and told them it was fake. They pulled the auction. Then a short while later it was put back up with the description of it being the small variety. It''s not. This is the fake variety. If anyone had this one in hand they would immediately have that "not so warm and fuzzy" feeling.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1933-Chicago-Herald-Examiner-BABE-RUTH-PREMIUM-Baseball-Card-Small-Variety-/360685950080?pt=US_Baseball&hash=item53fa8ed480

Jayworld
06-28-2013, 08:43 AM
Leon: I just reported it to eBay. We'll see what happens....

Leon
06-28-2013, 01:23 PM
Leon: I just reported it to eBay. We'll see what happens....

I guess it worked. It's down. Thanks...
..I just know that when I got that card, or an exact replica of it in the mail, it was one of those "oh crap" moments. We probably saved someone one of those, which is all good.

ChiSoxFan
06-28-2013, 01:34 PM
I guess it worked. It's down.

??? When I click on the above link, says auction has ended with "Best Offer Accepted"

Thanks,
ChiSoxFan

Sean
06-28-2013, 01:48 PM
When I clicked on it, the listing said "sold" and best offer accepted. So maybe someone is going to get stuck with this fake.

Leon
06-28-2013, 01:49 PM
??? When I click on the above link, says auction has ended with "Best Offer Accepted"

Thanks,
ChiSoxFan

I thought it had been shut down but you are right. It was an offer accepted. Glad ebay hides buyer id's so we can't warn them. :( That buy can't turn out good for the recipient....

Sean1125
06-28-2013, 01:59 PM
$150 for a fake.

pepis
06-28-2013, 06:43 PM
I thought it had been shut down but you are right. It was an offer accepted. Glad ebay hides buyer id's so we can't warn them. :( That buy can't turn out good for the recipient....

When this happens and you can't see the buyer,
and i want to warn them i wait for the feedback to appear and then i send
the warning after all the buyer has a month and a half to do something about it
if he believes what i say.

deadballfreaK
06-28-2013, 11:25 PM
Only $25.00 for shipping. Good thing it wasn't the large, heavy variety.