PDA

View Full Version : Good things about Auction Houses

Runscott
06-27-2013, 08:26 PM
I've personally posted a few negative things about auction houses this year, so I'll start a thread with the intention of saying some good things that have happened recently. Please add your own.

1. REA giving free shipping on their spring auction - this was a complete surprise, and given how heavy all of my items were, it was VERY welcome.

2. Clean Sweep sending me an unsolicited shipping reduction. I had posted something here about abusive shipping costs, and I got an email soon after from Steve V. It's nice to know that these guys are reading the forum and responding positively.

3. I posted about email links not working, and a rep from REA sent me an email asking if I was having problems with any REA links. I tested them, sent feedback, and they reacted in a proactive manner. I already mentioned another positive experience with REA, so I won't repeat myself.

sbfinley
06-28-2013, 12:47 AM
I think Sterling Sports has a time machine and goes into the future to see who will win so they can ship before the auction ends. I swear their stuff appears overnight. The time machine sounds implausible though, so I assume they have hired Santa Claus for deliveries.

sports-rings
06-28-2013, 07:47 AM
recently I was the high bidder at Steiner Sports on a vintage Yankee championship ring. My high bid did not meet the reserve. In the past, I would never hear from the auction house, but this time, Barry Valentino, who heads up the auctions contacted me.

Barry spoke to the consigner and we came up with a fair price and thanks to Barry, everyone was pleased.

sports-rings
06-28-2013, 07:49 AM
Rob Lifson, owner of REA and Josh Evans, owner of Lelands are always a phone call away and so helpful in providing guidance.

Both are super friendly, and their knowledge of the hobby is amazing.

Thanks guys!

bobbyw8469
06-28-2013, 08:38 AM
I have had nothing but good dealings with REA. I will save my negative experiences with other auction houses to myself, as everyone is tired of hearing all the negatives. But REA is definitely one of my faves!

conor912
06-28-2013, 09:21 AM
I think Sterling Sports has a time machine and goes into the future to see who will win so they can ship before the auction ends. I swear their stuff appears overnight. The time machine sounds implausible though, so I assume they have hired Santa Claus for deliveries.

Ha. +1

sycks22
06-28-2013, 09:42 AM
Love the cheap shipping with a bunch of AH's including: Bussineau, Sterling, REA.

Runscott
06-28-2013, 10:01 AM
I haven't won anything from Sterling (Lee) yet, but he is a great guy.

Lee, look forward to seeing you again at the National.