PDA

View Full Version : 1907 Tigers reprint postcards, set of 15

billyb
06-26-2013, 09:43 PM
I was going through some of my boxes with the cob webs on them, and found 2 identical sets of the 1907 Detroit Tigers reprint postcards. Each set of 15, was originally published by AC Dietsche in 1907.
I obtained the sets around the mid 1980s. I believe they were reprinted by the Detroit Baseball club, but not sure as there is no information on the small envelope they came in.
The photos on the postcards are very good copies. They measure 5 1/2 x 3 3/8 inches.
If anyone has any further information on this set, please let me know, or what would be really cool is to see if anyone has any of the original photos of these pictures on the postcards.
What concerns me a little, while trying to research these postcards, I noticed in 2011, at the REA auction, it appears a set like these sold for big money, over 2K, and was represented as original postcards????
These postcards clearly have reprint on the back, but I did not see that on the ones sold at the REA auction. This is why I posted this reprint set on this forum. I will attach 4 of the set.

billyb
06-26-2013, 09:56 PM
First four are: Hughie Jennings, Mgr., Cobb, Sam Crawford, David Jones

billyb
06-27-2013, 07:41 AM
Upon further research of this set, I see that the reprint set has been used in attempts to pass on as originals. That was the main reason why I posted the thread. Just to make everyone aware of this reprint set.
It has been 30 years since I bought them, and I left the hobby a short time after that. But getting back into the hobby, I had no idea of how this set may have been used to scam other collectors, or even how many of these reprints are out there.
The experts on the site would know immediately they are not originals, but the new collectors may not. So just a heads up to everyone.