PDA

View Full Version : Lost Old Judge in the mail... (Help)

DixieBaseball
06-25-2013, 09:58 PM
Folks,

Just wanted to put it out there in case anyone sees this card for sale again, as I purchased it on Ebay 2 weeks ago from ebay seller bakendave and unfortunately, it shows an initial scan in California, but no further scans. At this point the item is either lost or stolen. The seller and myself are not too optimistic at this point, so please if you see this card, please let me know. (The Reverse has a unique stamp on the back that says, Eugene M. Rooker ?)

Tracking #:

Carrier:

USPS

ACCEPTEDIN TRANSITDELIVERED

Dispatched to Sort Facility

2013-06-12, 16:00:00, SAN DIEGO, CA 92117

Acceptance

2013-06-12, 08:40:00, SAN DIEGO, CA 92117

Thanks, Jeremy

Jay Wolt
06-25-2013, 10:26 PM
Jeremy hopefully it will still turn up. 2 weeks is a awhile but I've seen packages arrive way after that.
Hope it eventually reaches you.

auggiedoggy
06-26-2013, 12:04 AM
I waited about 6 weeks for a card to be delivered once upon a time. Both the seller and I were convinced it was lost but the card did show up!

barrysloate
06-26-2013, 04:17 AM
Jeremy- I recently had an overnight package sent to me and it took three weeks! This erratic delivery is more common these days , so don't give up hope.

And that's a pretty rare card, you better receive it.

ibuysportsephemera
06-26-2013, 04:58 AM
2 weeks is still too early to worry about it. As long as it doesn't show delivered, you are still OK. In the past when I have had this happen, I ask my local PO to do a search for me and usually within a few days the package magically appears in the system. I would also ask the seller to initiate a search on his end. Good luck.

e107collector
06-26-2013, 06:24 AM
Jeremy,

Keep your hopes up, as the previous members have stated. Hopefully it will arrive.

I once sent my godmother a card, who lives in a town about 15 minutes from where I live. It took 22 days to get to her.

I guess after that episode, nothing surprises me anymore.

Please keep the board up to date on the status. That is a really nice looking card.

Tony

bbcard1
06-26-2013, 03:02 PM
I currently have a package of Obaks that seem to be hung up in processing in southern California.

DixieBaseball
06-26-2013, 03:15 PM
Thanks all for the words of encouragement. I have been really wanting this card for some time. We are at 2 1/2 weeks and just the one scan. I am hopeful it is hung in a conveyor and will be moving on soon.

JJ

buymycards
06-26-2013, 04:04 PM
I did a search at work today from the Postal Service Intranet. Nothing. It drives me crazy. This should have been scanned a dozen times by now. Packages rarely disappear completely. They usually mysteriously show up at the delivery Post Office with no tracking info anywhere along the line of travel.

I wish I could help, but there isn't any info out there to help with the tracking. It is really embarrassing for a postal worker when something like this happens.

Rick

oldjudge
06-28-2013, 11:21 AM
Rick--scanning is a rarity these days. Over the last few years I have had a few really slow registered packages (two plus weeks in transit). In all cases, the package was scanned at the initial post office and never again. Registered mail has to be signed in and out at every stop. How much more trouble would it be to scan it? The people in my local PO are very nice, but the postal system is a mess.

buymycards
06-28-2013, 04:16 PM
I just had the same thing happen with one of my customers. The $2000 registered parcel was sent from my PO to Madison, where it was scanned. It then went to Milwaukee and Milwaukee did not scan it. Milwaukee held it for 4 days before they dispatched it. It never received another scan until it showed up at the delivery PO. Registered packages are signed for and accounted for every step of the way. Why aren't they getting scanned? Why does it take 10 days to get delivered?

BTW Jeremy, I am checking the tracking number every day to see if something shows up but so far there isn't anything.

Rick

buymycards
07-01-2013, 11:25 AM
Jeremy,
Your card was delivered this morning at 10:26 this morning in Goodlettsville, TN 37072.

I don't know why it took 17 days to get from San Diego to Kearny, NJ before it ended up in TN.

Rick

z28jd
07-01-2013, 01:44 PM
Hey! Don't blame my hometown! Kearny did nothing wrong here :)

DixieBaseball
07-02-2013, 10:08 AM
Rick - Thanks for bird-dogging this pkg. It was interesting. After I contacted the supervisor in San Diego a few days ago, the pkg mysteriously shows up in NJ a few days later. A scan in San Diego on the 12th, and then goes missing for 17 days, shows up in NJ on 29th, then South to Nashvegas for delivery on the 1st. For 2 1/2 weeks it sat somewhere. Even worse, the scans went dormant, so the customer was in the dark. I am going to contact "Newman's" Postmaster for some answers. :) Glad it worked out and Mr. Shaw is glad to have made it from Newarks back to his Southern team in Nashville.

Bosox Blair
07-02-2013, 05:03 PM
Glad you got it, Jeremy...good to see the mail ultimately gets there!!!

(Nice card too!)

Cheers,
Blair

JeremyW
07-02-2013, 06:26 PM
Congrats. Glad to see it made its way home. There aren't enough examples of cards like that left to just disappear in the mail.