PDA

View Full Version : PSA (OC) question

hoshua4710
06-22-2013, 10:35 PM
Im sure there has already been a hundred posts about this but i cant find them. Im trying to decide on whether or not to purchase a card that is a PSA 6(OC). What are your opinions on off centered PSA cards and where they stand value wise compared with say a PSA 5 of that same card. Same value? Less? Any help would be great. Thanks

Josh B

vintagetoppsguy
06-22-2013, 10:41 PM
What are your opinions on off centered PSA cards and where they stand value wise compared with say a PSA 5 of that same card.

For me, it just depends on how far O/C that it is. There are some PSA OC cards that I've seen that I thought didn't deserve a qualifier. Then again, there are others I've seen that I wondered how they didn't get a qualifier.

I guess you can request no qualifiers on your submission form and they'll usually bump the grade down a point or two as a result, but that doesn't change the card itself. So again, it just depends on the card. Every situation is different.

hoshua4710
06-22-2013, 10:47 PM
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1911-M116-SPORTING-LIFE-EDDIE-COLLINS-PSA-6-OC-BLUE-/350655523842?pt=US_Baseball&hash=item51a4b2ac02

vintagetoppsguy
06-22-2013, 10:52 PM
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1911-M116-SPORTING-LIFE-EDDIE-COLLINS-PSA-6-OC-BLUE-/350655523842?pt=US_Baseball&hash=item51a4b2ac02

The OC qualifier doesn't bother me as much on a pre-war card. is that a wet sheet transfer on the front?

hoshua4710
06-22-2013, 11:02 PM
Interesting question, i have no idea, but i can see what your talking about. Kinda looks like some bleeding or something has happened huh? Thanks for the input!

Josh B

conor912
06-23-2013, 12:44 AM
Im sure there has already been a hundred posts about this but i cant find them. Im trying to decide on whether or not to purchase a card that is a PSA 6(OC). What are your opinions on off centered PSA cards and where they stand value wise compared with say a PSA 5 of that same card. Same value? Less? Any help would be great. Thanks

Josh B

It is my understanding and general observation that a qualifier knocks a card's value down two grades (I.e. a 6mc will sell for the same as a straight 4). Granted, there are many exceptions, especially as far as rarity goes, but it is a general rule of thumb to go by.

Sean
06-23-2013, 01:22 AM
It is my understanding and general observation that a qualifier knocks a card's value down two grades (I.e. a 6mc will sell for the same as a straight 4). Granted, there are many exceptions, especially as far as rarity goes, but it is a general rule of thumb to go by.

As a general rule, I believe this is correct.

EvilKing00
06-23-2013, 06:20 AM
For me, it just depends on how far O/C that it is. There are some PSA OC cards that I've seen that I thought didn't deserve a qualifier. Then again, there are others I've seen that I wondered how they didn't get a qualifier.

I guess you can request no qualifiers on your submission form and they'll usually bump the grade down a point or two as a result, but that doesn't change the card itself. So again, it just depends on the card. Every situation is different.

+1

Peter_Spaeth
06-25-2013, 11:48 AM
I agree with the 2 grade deduction as an overall rule but of course it depends on the individual card and the extent of the problem resulting in the qualifier.

bobbyw8469
06-26-2013, 05:03 AM
Well, this listing bothers me in that the seller listed it as blue, when obviously the card is indeed the pastel back. You also paid quite a good price for it with the qualifier when you could have gotten an unqualified one for just a little bit more. When it comes time to sell, you are going to lose money on the card. If that isn't your thing though, and you are happy with the card, so be it.....

Here is the blue one....

http://host.jwcinc.net/712533/brent/2013_5/134_7_2.jpg

iwantitiwinit
06-26-2013, 10:16 AM
Personally I stay away from OC cards if they are slabbed. If I was a raw collector I might consider. Why settle for an oc card, just simply use the same funds to buy as high a graded non qualified card of the same player as you can. As with anything I find you get what you pay for, except on the off chance it is a super rare card, there are no cheap ways out.

hoshua4710
07-10-2013, 08:30 PM
Sorry I never saw these last posts. I definitely did not buy the card at the price it says it ended at haha. I emailed him and asked for a significant price reduction which he agreed upon so i feel pretty good about it :) As for the blue back listing, it drives me nuts how many people list pastel backgrounds as blue. A lot of times they are not even close to being blue!

Josh B.

Leon
07-11-2013, 08:22 AM
Seller was mistaking and it was not even close. The freaking label says pastel. I would almost place some fault on a seller if they bought this thinking it was a blue one.....(I know that didn't happen, just sayin')

travrosty
07-11-2013, 10:18 AM
Just buy the cards you like and don't worry about it. o/c/ who cares?